Make Ahead Bread: 100 Recipes for…

Make Ahead Bread: 100 Recipes for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Fresh Bread Every Day

by Donna Currie

135723,089 (5)None

Another great bread book that makes me want to bake more bread, eat more bread, and then fear the waistline effects. I never would have thought of a combination like Maple, Onion, and Bacon loaf...but now that they said something....and I definitely like the first recipe for Bacon, Tomatoe, and Cheddar loaf. Yum.

I made a cinnamon bread that I love, but this book puts in an optional option of putting some crumbled graham crackers in the filling for texture. That's something I'll have to add and try. (note to self: 2 crushed crackers)

They have monkey bread, which we all know from home-ec, but then a second: sweet potato monkey bread. Hm. The book offers non-traditional among the traditional. Strawberry rolls with walnut swirl? Why not?

Besides the staple loaves, rolls, and such, they have a wide variety of flat breads, which a lot of books lack, and they throw in pastries, turnovers, and bread recipes for leftover breads. Finally, yummy butters and spreads.

This is probably the best bread book I've read - there are beautiful full sized pictures, more recipes than you could try in a lifetime, unique breads that will have guests wondering what your secret is, and detailed instructions. Definitely a winner.

Received this from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley/Taunton Press for an honest review. I love the way the recipes are formatted. The ingredient list is on the top right and is easy to read. The instructions tell you what to do on prep day and baking day which makes it easy to follow. The pictures are great too! The butter and spreads section is a great compliment to this wonderful book. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |
There is nothing better than fresh bread right out of the oven slathered with butter or another nice spread. I've always wanted to bake bread and have been most successful with a bread machine. It takes practice to get the bread to come out of the oven at the right time. That is only one thing that this book will help you with. It discusses factors that can influence the time it will take to rise properly and other problems that can arise. It also shows you how to make the bread through the first rising and refrigerate it to back later, getting you a little closer to dinner time before you have to bake.

After the author shows you how to make bread with less time constraints, she provides you with recipes for various types of bread and even some spreads for when it comes out of the oven. I love this book. I think it is well written with good explanations for the various factors in baking bread, and there are recipes for everyone. I'm looking forward to many fresh slices of bread slathered with butter in my future with this book. ( )
  dsdmd | Jun 24, 2015 |
I love to make bread! That said I am always trying to improve my breads and if I can find an easier method I am all for it. This book has recipes for loaf breads, artisan bread, sweet rolls and make ahead breads, meaning you can get t ready the day or days before, freeze or bake the next day! I have ordered myself a super stone loaf pan and I intend to try out some of these recipes. Oh yes, there are recipes for butter's and spreads. I don't think you can go wrong buying this book, better yet it would make a fabulous Christmas gift! ( )
  celticlady53 | Dec 23, 2014 |

"This book created in a two-part approach that both saves time and enhances flavor, the recipes in Make Ahead Bread will give inexperienced bakers and busy home cooks the information they need to make bread on a schedule that works for them"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible