The Tethered Trilogy by Jennifer Snyder

Tethered Trilogy by Jennifer Snyder
Source: Author
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

I have said it before and I will say it again, I love trilogies!! This is the perfect type of read for me: I don’t have to give up characters a love too quickly and the story really has time to develop and unfold. I got exactly what I wanted with Jennifer Snyder’s character-driven Tethered Trilogy.

Soul Harbor, Georgia is not where Addison saw her life but when her adoptive parents tell her she has been left a home there, Addison is compelled to check it out. The house is old but totally livable, there’s a beach within walking distance and, the locals are definitely worth investigating. In a very, very short amount of time, Addison finds herself a delectable boyfriend, a new job, a hidden room in her new home and, a very curious little cat. Though she doesn’t initially understand how everything in her new home is tied together it isn’t long before Allison begins to understand her place in Soul Harbor.

Within moments of meeting Addison, Kace discovers something he has been hoping for his entire life, the awakening of his powers. As a life-long resident of Soul Harbor, Kace understands intimately that magic is a very real thing and now that Addison has moved to town, the balance of power can be restored. Though Kace is absolutely attracted to Addison he would be lying if he said the draw of her magic and the emergence of his weren’t a factor. For Addison, the whole idea of magic is something she is certainly open to and she thoroughly gets that she feels different when Kace is around but what Kace ultimately wants from her may not be something she can give. You see, in order for Kace, Addison and, their friends to awaken the full potential of their powers, they have to be initiated as a group. Furthermore, in order for them to wield strong magic and cease being reliant on hoodoo, they must always work together as a group. Well, isn’t that a lot to dump on a girl within the first two weeks of coming to town?

Just like Kace, Theo has lived in Soul Harbor his whole life but his experiences have been markedly different. For Theo and his family, the balance of power is just fine and so long as the potential magic-wielders stay in the realm of potential, Theo and his family will be just fine too. As hoodoo practitioners, Theo and his family are responsible for provider the magic and spells to those who need and/or require them. As you might well imagine, in a town that is well aware of magic, Theo and his family are seen as a necessary evil. For most of his life, Theo has had something of a chip on his shoulder and mixing with the locals has never been his thing. Until Addison moves to town. In a most unexpected turn of events, Theo and Addison find themselves tethered together and though neither want the connection, they have it and it seems only Addison’s initiation can break it. See where I’m going with this?? 

The Bottom Line: Over the course of three reads, Addison, Kace, Theo and, a whole host of others try and work through a multitude of problems including relationships, burgeoning magic, threats against Addison and, what will become of each of them either with or without magic. The various mysteries are spread out nicely throughout the reads, the action is all kinds of cool with both magic and hoodoo thrown in, the naughty bits are kept at an appropriate level for the genre and, in all the Tethered Trilogy is just a really good read!! This is one I can heartily recommend to lovers of paranormal, lightish mystery and, love triangles. Go forth and one click, dear reader! ( )
  arthistorychick | Oct 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,715,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible