Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney

Guess How Much I Love You (original 1994; edition 2008)

by Sam McBratney, Anita Jeram (Illustrator)

Member:Kandie1208
Title:Guess How Much I Love You
Authors:Sam McBratney
Other authors:Anita Jeram (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2008), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Picture Book, Love, Personal Library

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney (1994)

English (138)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (145)
A delightful story of how much you love someone
  LibraryPAH | Dec 13, 2018 |
A delightful story of how much you love someone.
  LibraryPAH | Dec 13, 2018 |
I loved giving this family favorite to my boys on St. Patricks's Day, even if I can't read it aloud. ( )
  LMJenkins | Nov 28, 2018 |
This is a story about a little bunny who is being put to bed by his father. The little bunny is trying to describe how much he loves his father but his father keeps describing larger amounts. The little bunny continues trying to think of larger amounts until he is simply to sleepy to think of anything else and he falls asleep next to his dad.
  pitaaortiz | Nov 26, 2018 |
This book is simple, but tells a beautiful story about, what we assume to be, a father and son relationship. The father seems to always one-up the son with his love measurements, but this does not at all take away from the son's love for his father. It shows children that there is more than one way to show someone you love them, and that's beautiful. ( )
  astrot2 | Oct 1, 2018 |

McBratney, Samprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jeram, AnitaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Inhauser, Rolfsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Geef een prentenboek cadeau !
For Deborah and Joanne -SM
To Liz with love - AJ
Little Nutbrown Hare, who was going to bed, held on tight to big Nutbrown Hare's very long ears.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 076360013X, Board book)

All children want reassurance that their parents' love runs wide and deep. In Guess How Much I Love You, a young rabbit named Little Nutbrown Hare thinks he's found a way to measure the boundaries of love. In a heartwarming twist on the "I-can-do-anything-you-can-do-better" theme, Little Nutbrown Hare goes through a series of declarations regarding the breadth of his love for Big Nutbrown Hare. But even when his feelings stretch as long as his arms, or as high as his hops, Little Nutbrown Hare is fondly one-upped by the elder rabbit's more expansive love.

Anita Jeram's illustrations are bound to elicit an "aw" from even the sternest of readers; these loving rabbits are expressive, endearing, and never cloying. In turn, Sam McBratney tells a simple bedtime story of sweet familial love with humor, insight, and a delightful surprise at the end. Children and parents will love snuggling up for this one--a treat to be read again and again, just before the lights are turned out. (Click to see a sample spread. Text © 1994 by Sam McBratney. Illustrations © 1994 by Anita Jeram. Permission from Candlewick Press.) (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:51 -0400)

During a bedtime game, every time Little Nutbrown Hare demonstrates how much he loves his father, Big Nutbrown Hare gently shows him that the love is returned even more.

Candlewick Press

5 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763619426, 0763641758, 0763642649, 0763649139, 0763653551

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,418,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible