The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos

The Precious One

by Marisa de los Santos

Not my favorite Marisa de los Santos, and still a darned good read! ( )
  SallyCrosiar | Nov 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I absolutely loved this book! The story flowed so well, I didn't want to put it down. The characters were believable and likeable (or loved to hate, in the father's case). Look forward to ready more from this author. ( )
  kibosa | Dec 31, 2016 |
Beautifully written.

I really enjoyed the story of both sisters.

High school is a maze to navigate, even more so coming from Willow's isolated upbringing.

Taisy has to come to terms with her desire for her father's love and approval that he never gave her. How can her father have no love for her or her brother and yet love Willow so completely? ( )
1 vote nx74defiant | Dec 10, 2016 |
A truly touching tale of a distant father and his two daughters, each of whom struggles in their own way to establish a relationship with him. They have success, however, in building a relationship with each other, despite the division of divorce and the eighteen years between them. A good, compassionate story of love, family, and second chances. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Dec 4, 2016 |
This book was unlike anything I have read before but, this book keep me wanting more. I had to find out what was going to happen next. The meaning behind Wilson's strange demeanor wasn't as shocking as I thought it was but, it was understandable why he did what he did. The secret that brought the family together was shocking!! It was a fantastic book! ( )
  Courtney824 | Oct 16, 2016 |
For Susan Davis, ideal reader and treasured friend, with love
If I hadn't been alone in the house; if it hadn't been early morning, with that specific kind of fuzzy, early morning quiet and a sky the color of moonstones and raspberry jam outside my kitchen window; if I had gotten further than two sips into my bowl-sized mug of coffee; if he himself hadn't called but had sent the message via one of his usual minions; if his voice had been his voice and not a dried-up flimsy paring off the big golden apple of his baritone; if he hadn't said "please," if it had been a different hour in a different day entirely, maybe—just maybe— I would have turned him down.

From the New York Times bestselling author of Belong to Me, Love Walked In, and Falling Together comes a captivating novel about friendship, family, second chances, and the redemptive power of love.

In all her life, Eustacia “Taisy” Cleary has given her heart to only three men: her first love, Ben Ransom; her twin brother, Marcus; and Wilson Cleary—professor, inventor, philanderer, self-made millionaire, brilliant man, breathtaking jerk: her father.

Seventeen years ago, Wilson ditched his first family for Caroline, a beautiful young sculptor. In all that time, Taisy’s family has seen Wilson, Caroline, and their daughter, Willow, only once.

Why then, is Wilson calling Taisy now, inviting her for an extended visit, encouraging her to meet her pretty sister—a teenager who views her with jealousy, mistrust, and grudging admiration? Why, now, does Wilson want Taisy to help him write his memoir?

Told in alternating voices—Taisy’s strong, unsparing observations and Willow’s naive, heartbreakingly earnest yearnings—The Precious One is an unforgettable novel of family secrets, lost love, and dangerous obsession, a captivating tale with the deep characterization, piercing emotional resonance, and heartfelt insight that are the hallmarks of Marisa de los Santos’s beloved works.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:02 -0400)

A tale told in alternating voices traces the collaborative efforts of an estranged millionaire father and the daughter he abandoned 17 years earlier to reconcile and write his memoir.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Marisa de los Santos's book The Precious One was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Marisa de los Santos is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible