Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman

Trigger Warning (edition 2015)

by Neil Gaiman

Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Trigger Warning
Authors:Neil Gaiman
Info:HarperCollins
Collections:ebooks, Working on
Tags:!Po, Fic, SF, _Collection, _Collection:TWarning, _import171011, __make_cover

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman

English (139)  French (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (142)
So many good stories in here. Gaiman is reliably fabulous. ( )
  scaifea | Jun 27, 2018 |
An interesting collection of short stories from one of my favorite authors. I can't say that I liked all of the stories, but that's the nature of a short story collection. However, there were enough wonderful and great stories here - those with nice plot twists, or well known characters, that I still thoroughly enjoyed this collection. ( )
  GeoffHabiger | Jun 13, 2018 |
Mi primer libro del famoso Neil Gaiman.
No es casualidad que elegí empezar con una colección de relatos... Es la mejor manera de conocer a un autor; palpar su rango de creatividad y su dominio de varios géneros y temáticas.

Trigger Warning es una aceptable colección.

24 relatos (entre ellos poemas, fábulas y un proyecto de 12 cuentos en uno).

Mis favoritos:

-The Thing About Cassandra.
-Click-Clack the Rattlebag.
-The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury.
-Orange.
-And Weep, Like Alexander.

También tenemos una historia de Sherlock Holmes, una de Doctor Who, una versión de la Bella Durmiente y un relato de Shadow Moon, protagonista de la novela "American Gods" del mismo autor.

Recomendado para fans del autor y también un buen punto de partida para lectores que no han leído nada de él.
Definitivamente leeré algunas de sus novelas más populares. ( )
  JorgeLC | Apr 28, 2018 |
Gaiman is a terrific, and exciting writer. In his novels, he is a pro at world building and full immersion. Through his short stories, he is able to use new voices, different techniques. They are much, much different than his books and refreshing because of it. Standouts: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains... and Orange. ( )
  JaredOrlando | Apr 11, 2018 |
I may be in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed this one more than [b:The Ocean at the End of the Lane|15783514|The Ocean at the End of the Lane|Neil Gaiman|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351914778s/15783514.jpg|21500681]. Perhaps because there was more of it? Perhaps because Shadow is in this one? In any case, NEIL GAIMAN AHHHHH! Loved, loved, LOVED IT. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
added by DoctorDebt | editThe Guardian, Edward Docx (Feb 8, 2015)

added by DoctorDebt | editNPR Books, Jason Sheehan (Feb 4, 2015)

I'm not sure how I wound up with an honourable Hollywood agent who reads books for pleasure but I did, eighteen years ago. He's still my agent, still honourable, and he still likes short stories best of all. This book of tales is for Jon Levin.
There are things that upset us.

Contains the following short stories/poems:
Making a Chair
A Lunar Labyrinth
The Thing About Cassandra
Down to a Sunless Sea
'The Truth is a Cave in the Black Montains ...'
My Last Landlady
The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury
Jerusalem
Click-Clack the Rattlebag
An Invocation of Incuriosity
'And Weep, Like Alexander'
Nothing O'Clock
The Sleeper and the Spindle
Witch Work
In Relig Odhráin
Black Dog

Also contains an interview with the author in Extra Material in the appendix.
Reader, proceed with
caution: monsters prowl this book.
Read at your own risk.
(passion4reading)

Multiple award winning, #1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman returns to dazzle, captivate, haunt, and entertain with this third collection of short fiction following Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things—which includes a never-before published American Gods story, “Black Dog,” written exclusively for this volume.

In this new anthology, Neil Gaiman pierces the veil of reality to reveal the enigmatic, shadowy world that lies beneath. Trigger Warning includes previously published pieces of short fiction—stories, verse, and a very special Doctor Who story that was written for the fiftieth anniversary of the beloved series in 2013—as well “Black Dog,” a new tale that revisits the world of American Gods, exclusive to this collection.

Trigger Warning explores the masks we all wear and the people we are beneath them to reveal our vulnerabilities and our truest selves. Here is a rich cornucopia of horror and ghosts stories, science fiction and fairy tales, fabulism and poetry that explore the realm of experience and emotion. In Adventure Story—a thematic companion to The Ocean at the End of the Lane—Gaiman ponders death and the way people take their stories with them when they die. His social media experience A Calendar of Tales are short takes inspired by replies to fan tweets about the months of the year—stories of pirates and the March winds, an igloo made of books, and a Mother’s Day card that portends disturbances in the universe. Gaiman offers his own ingenious spin on Sherlock Holmes in his award-nominated mystery tale The Case of Death and Honey. And Click-Clack the Rattlebag explains the creaks and clatter we hear when we’re all alone in the darkness.

A sophisticated writer whose creative genius is unparalleled, Gaiman entrances with his literary alchemy, transporting us deep into the realm of imagination, where the fantastical becomes real and the everyday incandescent. Full of wonder and terror, surprises and amusements, Trigger Warning is a treasury of delights that engage the mind, stir the heart, and shake the soul from one of the most unique and popular literary artists of our day.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:19 -0400)

This third collection of short fiction by Gaiman includes previously published pieces of short fiction -- stories, verse, and a very special Doctor Who story that was written for the fiftieth anniversary of the beloved series in 2013 -- as well "Black Dog," a new tale that revisits the world of American Gods.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Neil Gaiman's book Trigger Warning was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,013,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible