An Amish Christmas Quilt by Charlotte…

An Amish Christmas Quilt

by Charlotte Hubbard

WHAT could be better than three stories in one by three AMAZING Authors!

The answer is NOTHING!

Three terrific authors, three fantastic stories!

I have not read all of the stories in Charlotte Hubbard/Naomi King’s Amish series but this story makes me want to!

WOW!

GREAT writing, interesting characters, intriguing story!

What else could you ask for…

Oh yeah, ROMANCE!

I have to admit, I read some not so Christian romances years and years ago and I never would have expected to be able to truly get caught up in the romance of a book that is so very straight-laced (and if anyone fits that category, it’s the Amish)

But I’m thrilled to discover how wrong I was!

In fact, the best thing about these wonderful stories is that you get to focus entirely on the romantic aspects without getting caught up in all the worldly nonsense.

Charlotte Hubbard does this really well but she also brings in aspects that those of us who are NOT Amish deal with every day – such as step-parents and what they deal with, how a woman who has just lost her husband gets along, and the way a man can get wrapped up in a situation without even fully realizing what he had gotten into.

This will actually be the first story of Kelly Long’s that I’ve ever read.

Who knew the Amish could feud?

Again, Kelly introduces us to situations that are distinctly Amish but that we as English can associate with too!

Kelly pulls us right into the story about two young people in love. It’s not quite Romeo and Juliet because the Amish would never go to such lengths but the story is much the same – feuding fathers, forbidden love, sneaking about – which is actually how most communities go about courting anyway, and the like.

It’s not a story you’ll want to miss and I’m not about to spoil it for you. It’s actually really tricky to review because it’s so easy to go on about how great it is but if I get too much into that, I’m going to end up giving something away and I won’t do that. It’s too good to ruin it for you!

But I will say this, it’s WELL-WORTH reading!

And don’t miss Kelly’s next book: The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain!

Yes, I’ve saved the best (in my own personal opinion) for last…

Jennifer Beckstrand returns once again to Bonduel, Wisconsin, entertaining us with her colorful characters and the ridiculous things they get into!

No one writes about the Amish the way Jennifer does. No other stories makes me laugh out loud the way hers do and not one other book…or family… makes me wish more that I were actually Amish.

Anna and Felty are at it again…

We actually get a look at Anna and Felty’s daughter in this one and her affection for her wild and wacky parents is just as deep as you always imagined it would be.

And it’s not at all a surprise that Gideon’s father doesn’t quite understand his wife’s slightly odd parents and their ideas.

I always say the one I’ve just read is my new favorite and I hold steady to that… except to make one small amendment: Whichever book of Jennifer Beckstrand’s that I am reading at the moment is my absolute favorite! They’re just that good!

I can hardly wait for the next one!
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Three Amish novellas with a quilt included in each of the stories. Loved the way the true meaning of the Christmas spirit was shinning through in each of these stories.
All of these authors I have read previous stories by and felt like I was experiencing a home coming with the people that I have come to love and cherish.
The first is A Willow Ridge Christmas Pageant By Charlotte Hubbard, and we are back with old friends here. Mary is traveling with her stepchildren and is about to have a baby. Can’t imagine being in labor, and driving a buggy into the rather unknown. She is rescued a carpenter named Seth. I know, his name is not Joseph, but by the time we finish the story, there is a lot more symbolism.
The second story A Christmas on Ice Mountain by Kelly Long. Brought home the power of forgiveness, and the power of love.
Two men previously the best of friends, now not speaking for a number of years, and then their children fall in love. Made me think of the Hatfield-McCoy feud, only this is an Amish community. What happens makes you feel the love Christmas that comes upon these families. Can there be forgiveness after all these years?
The third and final story A Perfect Christmas by Jennifer Beckstrand, brought me back with one of my favorite fictional couples, our famous match making Grandparents Anna and Felty Helmuth. Of course, they are at it again.
This is Grandson Gideon’s turn, and lets hope this one works out like the others. Anna has found whom she feels is the perfect match for him, Dottie Schrock. One never knows who is going to need the most help seeing what is in front of their eyes, but this is all in God’s timing. Of course Anna has been helping with a quilt for Dottie’s Mom, and it sure comes in handy.
Three really great Christmas reads that will warm your heart and fill your mind during this Holy Season. ( )
  alekee | Nov 11, 2014 |
Three Touching Novellas! Pick Up Your Copy Today!

A Willow Ridge Christmas Pageant by Charlotte Hubbard

I love reading Amish fiction books by Charlotte Hubbard. I always feel good when I finish one of her stories. This novella had such a special meaning for me. I literally read the last 10-15 pages through tears. It was so emotional because I was there experiencing the true meaning of Christmas along side of all the characters. I love when a book draws me into the story.

I loved the characters of Mary Kauffman and Seth Brenneman. These two were meant for each other. However, there are some obstacles that stand in their way of becoming a couple. Can these obstacles be worked out or will they go their separate ways?

Another reason for loving this story is, we are back in Willow Ridge visiting the characters we have come to love! Don’t miss this one!

A Christmas On Ice Mountain by Kelly Long

I love reading Amish fiction books by Kelly Long. She is another author that grabs my interest. I have read several of her books and love them all.

A Christmas On Ice Mountain is a novella that has a huge message. Just how long can one person hold a grudge against another? Is losing your best friend worth it?

Matthew Beider and Laurel Lapp are in love with each other and plan to marry but because of their feuding fathers they have kept their courtship a secret.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the ending of this book.

Will fences be mended? Will forgiveness take place? Will Christmas be a joyous one?

Don’t miss this wonderful novella. I highly recommend it.

A Perfect Amish Christmas by Jennifer Beckstrand

This is the first story I have read by author Jennifer Beckstrand. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to reading her other books. I couldn’t put this novella down until I had finished reading it. As in the other novellas I read the last several pages through tears.

Dottie Schrock is planning the perfect Christmas, of course it has to be done her way, after all no one can do things that are up to her standards. What happens when things start going downhill? Is Christmas ruined or does she learn a powerful lesson?

Gideon Stutzman thinks he is going to his grandparents house for Christmas to teach his aging grandfather how to use snowshoes that his grandmother is giving his grandfather for Christmas. His grandmother hopes that Gideon will take his grandfather on a snowshoeing trip with him. But….is that really what his grandmother is planning?

This novella teaches us what the true meaning of Christmas is. Don’t miss this one! ( )
  passionforbooks | Oct 25, 2014 |

Collects three Christmas stories from popular Amish romance writers that share the joy of the traditional holiday.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible