Tempting Will McGlashen by Liz Everly

Tempting Will McGlashen

by Liz Everly

113,689,591 (4.5)None
Recently added byCathyGeha

The author of this novel has written a historical romance with strong characters who behave in keeping with the era and she has made sure her facts related to the time are correct, for this I applaud her. More than this the people she has populated her story with are ones that I could relate to and that I wanted to get to know better.

Each chapter begins with a quote from a book that enhances the story while providing information about what life might have been like during the late 1700’s. I loved the information in the book that relates to the beliefs, medicines, traditions, recipes, blacksmithing and daily life that was provided. The walk-on appearance of people that were actually alive at the time whetted my appetite to do more research about them.

But, what this story is REALLY about is Mathilde and Will. Mathilde is a 20 year old living in on the frontier of Virginia’s Blue Ridge mountains in 1765. Her father feels it is time for her to marry and has sent back to Pennsylvania for the son of a family friend to come court her. The man her father has in mind for her is not the one she wants but luckily Will McGlashen, the new blacksmith hired by her father, just might be. By the end of the story both Mathilde and her sister Rosa have found their mates and a great deal more has transpired.

I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who would like to read a historical romance that is well written, has interesting characters, will make you think and leave you feeling good at the end. I can see that this could be the beginning of a series of novels since there are more Miller daughters that will need husbands. ( )
  CathyGeha | Oct 26, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,247,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible