Captive (New Life, #1) by Samantha Jacobey

Captive (New Life, #1)

by Samantha Jacobey

This book was really deep. I found myself torn between fiction and knowing that this could really happen, and was so emotional. Parts disgusted me, and parts gave me hope. I'm always rooting for the HEA, but for some reason, I think it is going to be a LONG bumpy road for Tori. ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am not sure how to even write a review for this book. First of all it was a story that I had no clue what I was getting into. This is one of those books that even though you want to put it down due to some of things you are reading, you can't put it done because you want to know more. Here is my issues. This book kept me up way past my bedtime. And I now I am dying to read the next book. The story is well plotted and written well. Samantha really gave readers a glimpse into a horrific dark story.

We met Tori in the start of the story when she awakens in hospital. Of course we can only assume why she is there. However, throughout the story, you heart goes out to Tori. This is not your oh the poor girl meets a boy and falls in love. No Tori has lived a life most people find completely unbelievable. This is a story that is not for the faint of heart. Don't take the authors warnings of what is included lightly.

It takes a strong woman to overcome the adversity that Tori lived in. She learned the best way to handle the situation was to adapt and that is what she did. We might not agree with how she did what she did but wow.

Looking forward to the next. DO NOT get this book if you certain subjects disturb you.
  bridgetcrusan | Apr 5, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,676,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible