The Collectors’ Society (The Collectors’…

The Collectors’ Society (The Collectors’ Society, #1)

by Heather Lyons

4.5 stars

I wasn't sure this book was for me, but I'm so glad I gave it a shot. It is filled with the classics and characters many of us are familiar with and even loved delivered in a totally original way. I love the changes. People are edgier than their traditional forms. It's a fairytale for grownups. I will definitely be continuing the series. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Such MAGNIFICENT writing! Heather Lyons has an tremendous gift of making things vividly come to life with only a mind full of ideas and a passion so great. The story told leaves many more stories to be written.

I fell in love with the cover at first sight. Then once I read the synopsis, I knew I just had to get ahold of this story.

I was completely intrigued from the very beginning. Totally in awe of how right the mixture of characters, timelines, and different time periods felt as many events began to unfold. I believe that a book is only as good as it's ending. It's even greater when the ending is unpredictable.

The adventure was engrossingly easy to fall prey to , and the romance was just phenomenal!.

Meet Alice. Yes, in Wonderland. But not quite...

As an adult, Alice is left to her own devices at an asylum in England. She is to be released soon, for which she has made progress concerning her 'Wonderland' infatuation. But apparently she is in for a whole lot more adventures when a man by the name of Abraham Van Brunt comes by for a visit, informing her of the danger Wonderland will be subjected to in the near future. She must decide whether or not this is the truth and if so, what she must do in order to save Wonderland.

Overall, I was so enthralled in this book, I could not get enough of these so-called well-known characters when really they are so much more. Emotionally invested would probably be the best way I can explain how I feel about this story.

In a nutshell: I am totally getting this tattooed!.

In paginis mundus inveminus, in verbil vatim inveminus ( )
  Lita2013 | Dec 25, 2014 |

From the author of the Fate series and The Deep End of the Sea comes a fantastical romantic adventure that has Alice tumbling down the strangest rabbit hole yet.

After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence, though. Soon, she's whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors' Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.

It's there she discovers villains are afoot--ones who want to shelve the lives of countless beings. Assigned to work with the mysterious and alluring Finn, Alice and the rest of the Collectors' Society race against a doomsday clock in order to prevent further destruction . . . but will they make it before all their endings are erased?

*This is the first book in the Collectors' Society series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:59 -0400)

After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence. Soon, she's whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors' Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,605,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible