The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand

The Rumor

by Elin Hilderbrand

I have never read any Elin Hilderbrand, but was able to pick about six of her books at a library sale. I was not sure where to start, and picked The Rumor at random.

This had several POV: Madeline, Grace, Hope, Nantucket, and Eddie. There were so many people to get to know right away, but I quickly was drawn in to each of their stories.

I was pleasantly surprised with this, and I flew through it. I am excited to read some of the others I have now too. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 17, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book. It shows how rumors can fly around a small community even if they might not be true. Both of these families have issues and as the story goes along, they slowly unravel. I enjoyed the different characters. There were a few I wanted to slap and a few I wanted to comfort. It was an enjoyable audiobook. Great beach read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 11, 2016 |
Fun summer read. Enjoyed it!! ( )
  gail616 | Jun 27, 2016 |
I’m not usually a chick lit fan, but I found this wonderful to listen to as an audiobook. Madeline King and Grace Pancik are best friends, living on Nantucket, with their handsome husbands and perfect children. In the course of a summer, their lives are turned upside down by an affair, an apartment, a crime and money troubles. Of course, sometimes the rumor mill gets it right, and sometimes, completely wrong! Entertaining. ( )
  rglossne | May 27, 2016 |
Even worse than a Harlequin -- preachy and stereotypical. Not the type of novel you expect to be a total downer. ( )
  Darwa | Mar 18, 2016 |

A provocative page-turner about scandal, secrets, and true female friendship.

Nantucket writer Madeline King has a new novel coming out, The Rumor, and it's got bestseller potential. But Madeline is terrified, because in her desperation to revive her career, she's done the unthinkable: The Rumor reveals the truth behind an actual affair involving her best friend, Grace.

And that's not the only strain on Madeline and Grace's friendship; one fateful night, the two women argue, voicing jealousies and resentments that have built for twenty years. Bereft of each other, they get caught in the snares of a mysterious and destructive stranger. Their fate hinges on The Rumor -- and the secret it reveals.

THE RUMOR is an irresistible novel about the power of gossip to change the course of events, and the desire of people to find their way back to what really matters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:38 -0400)

"Nantucket writer Madeline King couldn't have picked a worse time to have writer's block. Her deadline is looming, her bills are piling up, and inspiration is in short supply. Madeline's best friend Grace, is hard at work transforming her garden into the envy of the island with the help of a ruggedly handsome landscape architect. Before she realizes it, Grace is on the verge of a decision that will irrevocably change her life. Could Grace's crisis be Madeline's salvation? As the gossip escalates, and the summer's explosive events come to a head, Grace and Madeline try desperately to set the record straight--but the truth might be even worse than rumor has it" -… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible