Tori & The Jackstones: In Cut Time (Volume…

Tori & The Jackstones: In Cut Time (Volume 2)

by Mr Rod P Stoner

2None2,551,640NoneNone
Recently added byrpstoner

No reviews
I must say, this is one of the most amazing books I've read, and I was thrilled to share it with my children. They loved it as well. This is a book for all ages. It's unlike any book you'll read. It's an interactive and educational book, filled with stories about music, puzzles, mysteries, and more.

I actually learned a lot about instruments from reading this book, and felt smarter at the end of it!

It's hard to even review this book because it's so unique, in a class of its own. The writing is wonderful and the stories are so enjoyable. You will definitely be entertained throughout the entire book.

I can't imagine anyone finding any faults in this book. It's amazing! Kudos to the author. My kids and I thank you for all of the fun!

I'm excited to read the other books in this series! This is easily a five star read and I highly recommend it!

When I ordered this book, #1 in a series of books about music for children, I really wasn't prepared for what I'd find. It's a story for children that introduces the basics of reading music and begins to build a musical vocabulary. It does all this within a fun children's story, with interactive games the kids can play. This book is such a find that I gave it to my husband, a professional musician for forty years, because I knew he'd enjoy it. If you want to expose young children to the magic of music, this is a perfect place to start, full of knowledge without ever becoming pedantic. Through a children's band on an adventure, children reading this get more than games and a fun story about musical kids: their musical education begins.

This book is the first in the Tori and the Jackstones series and is written in the truest sense of a real caper. It is interactive and enjoyable through the use of puzzles and word games. Tori and the Jackstones take you through an introductory lesson in music as they are in the midst of solving a musical crime with mishap and mayhem.
The reader will takeaway a little knowledge about music notes, how they're played, arranged, what sounds notes make, and tunes that do not play well together. As there are word games and puzzles for the kids to solve, they help developing the necessary and valuable skills of effective problem solving. As a child looks at the various puzzles they figure out what fits and what doesn't. In brain development, this is a vital skill. These interactive puzzles teach children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems and think in a logical way.
The musical note shapes help the child recognize and sort note shapes, which is also an important part of their development. As is the encouragement to memorize and recall musical instruction the child will develop a strategy working to solve the puzzles aiding in learning to achieve setting small goals then moving on to larger ones.
What the child knows is that the book was entertaining, self-rewarding, and loads of fun to read.

I have never read anything like “Tori and the Jackstones: The Great Note Caper (Vol. 1)” This children’s book which can be read and enjoyed by all is creative, imaginative, and interactive. More importantly it is well written. Stoner does an amazing job by educating his readers on musical instruments, introducing new vocabulary words, and telling a story that enables your child’s imagination to soar! Yet, how can one book do all of that?

As Tori and her band prepare for a concert she enlists the help of the reader. As the story unveils the reader becomes a part of Tori’s world! It is this concept that makes Stoner’s book unique. I was blown away with his ability to make the story so interactive and interesting without it being overly saturated with activities. How Stoner was able to achieve this is beyond my understanding. However, what I can tell you moms and dads is…, “This book does not disappoint.”

With its unsolved mysteries, lessons of helping others, and fighting crime this book has it all! The only suggestion I would offer the author would be to continue writing books. While I am certain avid readers would enjoy this read, Stoner’s books will easily become any child’s favorite because it invites them into a world of creativity.

*****I rate this book a PUBLISHERS READ! 5 out of 5 stars.
added by rpstoner | editWe Said It:, T’s Blogging (Oct 31, 2014)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150010874X, Paperback)

Join Tori & "The Jackstones" in this interactive adventure story as they try to make it big in the music business and solve mysteries and crimes along the way. Fun for all ages.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:34 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,233,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible