The Husband Games (Misfit Brides of Bliss…

The Husband Games (Misfit Brides of Bliss Book 1)

by Jamie Farrell

I received this book for a honest review.

Natalie Castellano is a divorced single mother trying to raise her son and make a life for them. But that is one of the hardest things for her living in the town she does. Plus she has an enemy working next door to her who has already taken one of things from her and now she wants it all. Also, the guy that she blames or ruining her marriage is back in town for his sister's wedding and maybe longer. Will Natalie be able to forgive the guy that helped ended her marriage or will she continue to hold it against him? And will she ever stand up and fight for what she wants?

CJ Blue us back in town for his sister's wedding but he also get sucked into staying longer than he wants. But he is looking for a way to leave and not get stuck in the town. But one of things holding him back from leaving is the same one that makes him want to leave. Will he give in to temptation or will he run away like he always do?

This book was awesome I could not put it down. I can not wait to read the second book in this series. I thin I will adding Jamie to my favorite authors list. I highly recommend this book to others. ( )
  shyalwayz | Jan 11, 2015 |
I truly enjoyed The Husband Games by Jamie Farrell. This is a well-written, engaging story, the first in a series about the inhabitants of the town of Bliss.

In Bliss practically every business caters to weddings and/or married couples. Each year the town puts on the Husband Games, a series of fun events for husbands and wives to play in. In this book, Natalie is trying to keep her mom's shop, Bliss Bridal, afloat, be a good mother, sister and daughter, avoid CJ Blue--past winner of the Husband Games and who inadvertently contributed to the break-up of Natalie's marriage, and help plan this year's iteration of the Husband Games.

Because Natalie is divorced, the Queen General--the person in charge of organizing the Husband Games--is out to make Natalie's life miserable and to undercut and undermine her in any way possible.

While I liked this book--I'm already looking forward to Lindsay and Kimmie's stories--my enjoyment was diminished considerably by the character of the Queen General. I truly hate this woman (yes, I know she is fictional). I felt my blood pressure rising as the story progressed and she stepped up her antics against Natalie. I give credit to Natalie for being the bigger person--and a far, far, far better person than I am--and actually taking steps to forgive this woman. By the end of the book the author was attempting to humanize the Queen General and I wasn't ready to take that journey yet. Maybe my opinion will change in future books but for now, the QG is the one dark spot in this book for me. ( )
  nwaldron | Nov 27, 2014 |

"After Natalie Castellano's marriage imploded on the field of the Husband Games in Bliss, Illinois, the most married-est town on earth, the last job she expected to inherit was planning the fiftieth anniversary of her hometown's unique Games. But with her mother's unexpected passing, that's exactly what Natalie's doing. And the position demands that she play nice with CJ Blue, the man who ultimately caused Natalie's marital demise. Winning Bliss's Husband Games and being crowned Husband of the Year was the brightest spot in CJ's short marriage. Since his wife's untimely death, he's taken himself around the world, hiding from his grief. But now, family obligations have him trapped in Bliss, where he's been invited to participate in the Games and humiliate himself in the name of closure. The whole town wants him to play. The whole town, except one. And he can't decide what bothers him more--that Natalie doesn't think he belongs in the Games, or that she's right. These two would make great enemies. But all games aside, the more they find themselves in close quarters, the harder it is to deny their mutual attraction. She's battled Bliss's bridal brigade, and he's jumped out of airplanes and soared over waterfalls, but now they're both facing the biggest risk of all: taking another chance on love"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

Jamie Farrell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible