Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 2: War and Peace…

Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 2: War and Peace (The New 52)

by Charles Soule

I have no idea what I just read. A bunch of disjointed stories smushed together with some underlying theme of war.

One of the reasons I started this specific series is because I thought it was outside the normal DC Comics universe, to a certain extent. Why would that be important? It's important because I just can't read DC Comics collections any longer. At least not the current series. When there is a story it's very bare-bones, basic and really simple. Most of the time there isn't an actual story-line. Or at least not just one. Just story ideas.

What the heck is Lana Lang doing flying around in outer space? Why is Lois Lane green and doing evil things? Wait, why is she now . . . not doing evil things, but still green, and now in the Fortress of Solitude? Wait, when did Supergirl become a Red Lantern? These and other thoughts struck me as I attempted to follow along. I have a very real sense that I was reading an over-arching series. One of those things to be read by those who have read, currently read, and will read everything put out by DC Comics. At least, I hope so, because this mish-mash mess makes no sense on it's own. I'd hate to learn that this actually was unconnected to the rest of DC Comics story-line. Because it makes no sense on its own.

Ah well. Something of a reoccurring theme for me. Attempting to read these things separate from the DC Comics universe and finding myself lost and bored. Like when I attempted to "finish off" Batgirl a while back. Didn't have a clue what was going on.

Guess I'm done with DC Comics except for things that I know are separate story lines. Not sure how I'll know. That and Harley Quinn. Quinn seems to be off in her own little universe, despite how I dislike the direction the character went, still mostly understandable stories.

Also - for the love of something or other: Stop with the bloody Brainiac stories. Personally I never cared for any of them, and they keep being dragged back into comic book series. Bah. ( )
  Lexxi | Apr 22, 2015 |

"To stop Doomsday from destroying his adopted planet, Superman fought him to the bitter end. But with one threat gone, a new one surfaces inside the body of the Last Son of Krypton. Now, Superman must fight a battle within his own mind, body and heart -- with the help of the woman he loves. But will even that be enough to save the doomed Superman?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible