Unleashed (Love to the Rescue) by Rachel…

Unleashed (Love to the Rescue)

by Rachel Lacey

Summary

Cara Medlen has protective of her animals and will do anything to see to their care in a good family. Cara has a serious attraction for her next door neighbor, and they have barely spoken to each other despite living next to each other for the past year. She knows that she can’t do anything about the attraction that they both obviously feel, since Matt is planning on moving soon and Cara is busy with her campaign to keep her license to hold dogs on her property and train them for new owners. But the community isn’t on her side, and she is trying to win a battle that she fears is a losing one. Matt is moving so that he can help take care of his mother that isn’t feeling well. But he is drawn to Cara and her unpredictable ways. But when a various set of events lead them together, Cara and Matt will need to fight for what they have found together.

The Hero

Matt Dumont is a private investigator and is dang good at what he does. He has certain skills that makes him able to see the little clues that aids him in piecing the pieces together. Matt is thrilled when an opportunity shows up for him to be able to set up a business with his brother and to help his mother when she needs them. Matt is drawn to his lover of dogs neighbor. A neighbor who fights him on every issue and doesn’t back down from any argument and he wants more. He loves a woman with passioin and zest and can’t resist Cara, even knowing that nothing permanent will be able to happen between them. Matt is a honorable hero. He plays by the rules and by the law. He is proud and stubborn, but he affectionate and caring. I love the blend of his personality.

The Heroine

Cara Medlen is a lover of animals for a reason. When she was young she had cancer, living in foster care, and had no one to comfort her except for one dog that gave her comfort and helped her fight through the worst of the radiation to help fight the cancer. Now she is on the last two years before medically she will be sure she is free and clear of the cancer returning. She brings dogs from the pound to her place to train them to be a homeowners pet. But misunderstandings occur with the community and her license is about to be taken away unless she can win them over. But Cara tends to be self absorbed in her care of the dogs, and hasn’t taken time to get involved in members of the community and not many really know Cara. Cara is a fighter, resilient and passionate about what she does. She has human faults and admits to them and I like how genuine she is portrayed.

Plot and Story Line

Unleashed is the first book in the trilogy, and even though I wasn’t as into this story as I have been in the third book I really liked many aspects of it. There were some fun and lively moments that have this story set off between Cara and Matt. At first they don’t like each other, have some entertaining arguments, but the chemistry between them sizzles. I love seeing the way these two slowly fall in love with each other. This is a slow building romance and there is a conflict that keeps Cara and Matt from fully opening themselves up to each other.

Both Cara and Matt have some sizzling chemistry, and they really care about each other but Matt is planning on moving soon. There are also events that come into play that add to the tension between Cara and Matt and test their devotion to each other. What I found most curious was seeing the cost of doing the right thing and acting on what you believe in. Both Matt and Cara believe strongly in doing the right thing, and in different ways we see them work through the conflicts even if its painful at times. I found this story to be likeable and a fun romance to read. Enjoyed seeing Cara and Matt overcome problems that are holding them back from each other. Full of charm and an endearing love story.

The Cover

What a lovely cover, its sweet, romantic and playful. I love the fall background, seemed perfect for this time of year.

Overall View

Unleashed is a story that will steal its way into your heart. A read that is packed with likable characters, engaging plot and a story that give you a sweet romance with some animals along the way to captivate the reader. ( )
  addictofromance | Oct 17, 2015 |
Cara had previously been sick, but is anxiously awaiting a ten year cancer-free-and-clear zone. She's been keeping herself from any long-lasting attachments just to be sure no one gets hurt. She wouldn't mind getting to know her sexy neighbor, Matt, better but she knows she's not ready for that yet. Matt has other ideas though and the more he gets to know Cara, the more he wants to spend time with her. She seems to keep finding herself in trouble and Matt always appears out of nowhere to rescue her…and her dogs. He wants to keep being there for her if she'll let him.

Unleashed is adorably sweet and one of the most romantic stories I've read in a while! Matt is the perfect hero, showing Cara tender loving care and some light admonishment for her behavior at times too. Ms. Lacey's plot is sensitive to both humans and animals, making the story interesting and thought provoking, all while engaging us with the hero and heroine's charming romance. Everything wasn't all peaches and cream and real issues came into play with the characters. That made the story very realistic, but enticing at the same time. Unleashed is well-written and Ms. Lacey shows us she's quite a talented author. I anxiously await her next romantic story in this wonderful series! 5 Stars!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unleashed-rachel-lacey/1119002722?ean=9781455582... ( )
  Bookshellz | Jan 21, 2015 |
I received this book from Edelweiss for the purpose of an honest review. I started this one because I knew it had just been released and I was slow in reviewing it. I was so happy I did. Not only is it set in North Carolina (which I love) but it's a great story. There's a lot going on in this one. You have the romance between Cara and Matt, you have the storyline following dog rescues, and there's an underlying storyline dealing with more. I won't say the more so that you can figure it out on your own. This is book one in the Love the Rescue series. I'm eager to read more in this series! The secondary characters including the dogs and cats are cute and add an extra touch to the story. The setting is realistic and believable. The characters are realistic and engaging. I found this one to be delightful and am eager to read more from Rachel Lacey. I highly recommend this one to any fan of contemporary romance, great characters, a realistic story, and a wonderful cast of animals. You'll fall in love! ( )
  WendyK | Oct 28, 2014 |

"What happens when you find the right one at the wrong time? Cara Medlen has a serious case of animal attraction. And it's not because of all the foster dogs she's rescued. She's got it bad for her incredibly sexy neighbor. Her one rule: Don't get attached. It's served her well with the dogs she's given to good homes and the children she's nannied. Yet the temptation of Matt's sexy smile might just convince her that some rules are made to be broken. Matt Dumont doesn't need his skills as a private investigator to detect disaster on the horizon. Cara is everything he thought he'd never find-gorgeous, funny, and caring. But there's no way he can start a relationship just as he's about to move to another state. Talk about bad timing. As their attraction sizzles too hot to deny, they'll have to make a decision: forget the consequences and let loose, or forget each other and let go..."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible