The Murder of Adam and Eve by William…

The Murder of Adam and Eve

by William Dietrich

199537,190 (3.86)None

The Murder of Adam and Eve finds sixteen year old Nick Brynner exploring an old abandoned fort on a forbidden island for a school project. He is then being chased in a deserted village by something that he thinks is a gargoyle. He escapes with the help of another teen, Ellie, and the pair are then sent to prehistoric Africa by an alien race called the Xu. The race is on to find Adam and Eve.

It's definitely an interesting and thought provoking read.

jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
I was gifted a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This is no way changes my opinion of the book.

To begin with, I am a little disappointed in the low-ranking reviews (though everyone is entitled to their opinions). I was skeptical at first about reading this, and put it off for a little while. I finally decided to start reading it the other day, and I am pleased that I did so. I think the flow of the book is great, and the scientific facts were not over-bearing in the least.

I enjoyed watching the two main characters, Nick and Eleanor interact and change as the story progressed, as well as learn to survive in prehistoric Africa. It starts with Nick somehow ending up in a wormhole, and another world, or so it seems, all together. He meets up with Eleanor, and she explains that in order for either of them to make it out alive and back to their own world, they are to murder Adam and Eve. The Powers to Be believe that the world has gone to trash, and in order to fix it, that Adam and Eve must die so that the world has a chance to try again, and not onto a path of destruction.

The Murder of Adam and Eve is a wonderful, thought provoking, and fun read. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for something different (like I was).
  annmwilson09 | Aug 9, 2016 |
Goodreads Synopsis: In this fast-paced and though-provoking thriller, two teens time-travel to prehistoric Africa to judge whether to save our ancestors: the genetic "Adam" and "Eve" whose descendants will go on to populate the world. When 16-year-old Nick Brynner explores an old fort on a forbidden island for a school history project, he stumbles onto a time wormhole. What follows is a mysteriously deserted village with a prowling sentry that looks like a gargoyle, and narrow escape with the help of fellow teen Eleanor Terrell. The two are hurtled into a grim series of challenges by an alien race called the Xu, which are considering a Reset of human history because of our poor planetary stewardship. If Adam and Eve are murdered, will another couple, or another species, do better? Nick and Ellie are ruthlessly deposited onto the African savanna of fifty thousand years ago, and the hunt is on. The Murder of Adam and Eve is a coming of age story, a love story, a war story, and an environmental fable with a deliberately provocative ending, inspired by such books as "Walkabout," "Ishmael," "Lord of the Flies," and the author's own "Getting Back."

My Review: I have torn feelings about this book. I liked it at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I started doubting my feelings. It’s such an interesting topic, and there’s Aliens, Angels, Cavemen, creatures no one has even heard of, and even time travel. Who doesn’t like that? It’s an eclectic mix of adventure, action, romance, and mystery. Although those things wouldn’t usually fit together, this book was amazing. Everything just worked. So at the beginning of the book, Nick is on an adventure into an underground tunnel that’s been blocked off, and what does he find in there? Another world. Isn’t that crazy? So the book keeps going and he meets a few people, an angel named Gabe, and a girl name Ellie. Ellie turns out to be his partner in something bigger than all of them. Thus starts an epic adventure of time traveling back to pre human Africa, on a journey to save Adam and Eve before the aliens reset the planet by killing them off. I can honestly say that cavemen really could have acted the way they did in the book, and that’s just great. This book really is awesome, full of everything you could hope for. The characters might be average, but the story is not. I was hooked from the very beginning, and loved every minute I read this book. It’s like nothing I’ve read before, and I definitely recommend you check it out! You won’t regret it. I got my copy from netgalley in exchange for a review. Thanks for reading!

(Radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com) ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Apr 7, 2015 |
I was iffy about this one when I started it but then I got caught up in the story. How would two teens survive in ancient Africa? They have to find food, water and stay alive, all while trying to track down Adam and Eve before the Xu do.

I found this book a bit blaze when it came to the teens having to trap and kill animals. I know they are hungry but I still think modern teens who aren't into hunting would have a hard time skinning a rabbit. But if you overlook some of these little things the story is interesting. What if you had the ability to change time? What if you could become the next Adam & Eve? Would helping to save the current Adam and Eve by any means effect their development. These are two modern teens with modern thinking can their ideas influence the future? The book doesn't really answer all of these questions but it poses them which makes you wonder can one person change the course that humanity has set? Makes you wonder.

I liked this book. Its simple but gives you things to ponder long after you close the cover. ( )
  ReadingGrrl | Jan 24, 2015 |
I had high hopes from the title of this book but it did not meet my expectations. The beginning of the story had intrigue and mystery but around Chapter 5 the story took on a different direction one of space aliens and time travel.
Nick a high school student who doesn’t seem to fit in travels to Goat Island, WA to resolve his curiosity about the island and it’s no trespassing quarantine. While there he stumbles into a wormhole of sorts that sends him to an alien ship. Once there he is put through tests and eventually sent to prehistoric Africa to save the human race or destroy it. At this point, too much time is spent on survival skills and not getting to the point of the story. Eventually “Adam and Eve” are tracked down and he must decide to save them or destroy them. Interesting concept but needs work. ( )
  vibrantminds | Jan 12, 2015 |

In this fast-paced and thought-provoking thriller, two teens time-travel to prehistoric Africa to judge whether to save our ancestors: the genetic "Adam" and "Eve" whose descendants will go on to populate the world. When 16-year-old Nick Brynner explores an old fort on a forbidden island for a school history project, he stumbles onto a time wormhole. What follows is a mysteriously deserted village with a prowling sentry that looks like a gargoyle, and narrow escape with the help of fellow teen Eleanor Terrell. The two are hurtled into a grim series of challenges by an alien race called the Xu, which are considering a Reset of human history because of our poor planetary stewardship. If Adam and Eve are murdered, will another couple, or another species, do better? Nick and Ellie are ruthlessly deposited onto the African savanna of fifty thousand years ago, and the hunt is on. The Murder of Adam and Eve is a coming of age story, a love story, a war story, and an environmental fable with a deliberately provocative ending, inspired by such books as "Walkabout," "Ishmael," "Lord of the Flies," and the author's own "Getting Back." If you could change history...would you?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible