Black Abaddon (Vulcan Legacies) (Volume 2)…

Black Abaddon (Vulcan Legacies) (Volume 2)

by Sasha Hibbs

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byChris_Ledbetter, naturalbri
fantasy (1) loved (1) teen (1) to-read (1) YA (1)

The Story

Ally has learned a few lessons, first of which was - love hurts. Her love hurts more than most, as she didn't realise she even had him and already he was gone.

After Michael sacrificed himself for her, Ally was thrust into another of her mother's memories. She believed this was in order for her to change the past, to start back at the beginning. She was wrong. The beginning she thought she was fixing was not at all what was needed, and now her mother has forced her back into present day, having taken all of her away - immortality, powers, wings and all. Now, she truly must start back at the beginning, the beginning of her Angel of Death transformation.

She soon learns that her journey has cycles, she must weather the storm in this unforgiving winter of her life before she can start anew, with any hope of saving the world from evil and darkness. However, there is a catch.

Love.

Ally finds herself in a world of turmoil, trouble and new emotions. She runs off with the one man she thought never possible and soon finds herself falling for him, completely.

But all is not what it seems. Soon a message starts to appear, one that is reflected on the one who is coming for her...and it is not the man she thinks.

Can Ally get through this desperate time? Will she still save the world? Can love help her through her winter? And just what or who is Abaddon?

What I Thought

Wow. I knew, after reading the first book, Black Amaranth, that Sasha Hibbs was a fantastic author. The story that was woven together was both addicting and exciting. I couldn't wait to pick up the second book and get as absorbed in the extension of Ally's world.

I was not let down. The second installment is fantastic. Rather than just a sense of urgency and coming of age, we find ourselves deep in a story of sorrow, reconciliation and the search for ones self. Ally has become a beacon of strength, while those around her fight amongst themselves. Yes, she is broken and full of sorrow for losing the love of her life. Yes, she is filled with fear and regret, having made the wrong decision and having lost her abilities. However, she has and unrivalled inner strength, and makes the choice to forge ahead, aiming for what she sees as the best option for saving the world.

I love the characters in this second book. They hold true to their original characters, except for those who are 'new' to this book. They have increased depth and emotion, and we find ourselves bonding even more with them.

I like the twists and turns in the story, be it unexpected love or the return of something to Ally never saw coming. All of these surprises are unexpected, but easily fit in the story, and become something you want for Ally.

The pace of the second book is perfect. It still moves quickly, to keep that sense of urgency, fear and turmoil, but still moves slowly enough to develop the next steps in this 'game.'

OVERALL: I am highly impressed with this book. It has depth, great characters and pace and is a truly gripping book. I cannot wait to read the third book Black Atonement, and find myself hoping it is not the final book, as I don't know what I'll do when I don't have anymore Ally to read about.

I would highly recommend this book from YA/Teen to Adults, as it has something for all ages. It is a book that you truly cannot put down. ( )
  naturalbri | Oct 29, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 177130748X, Paperback)

Ally Watson struggles to live with the choices she made, the worst of which resulted in her soul mate's death. Michael’s sacrifice to save the girl he loved may have reversed the Apocalypse, but not the permanent damage inflicted by living with his loss. Ally begins a journey where she soon discovers that death is not always the end, but sometimes the very beginning. With old friends, she journeys to the Nosferatu Nation where she meets with new alliances willing to help her in her quest to defeat the Devourer. At every turn, Ally unearths secrets that threaten to destroy those she loves. The second installment of The Vulcan Legacies series will put Ally to the ultimate test, forcing her to face her fears and the true destiny she will fulfill as Azrael, the Seraph of Death.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:20 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,540,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible