Songbird by A. J. Adams

Songbird

by A. J. Adams

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byTitch88, WWDG, B.J.O.
ARC (1) to-read (1)

Wow, this book blew me away! What a suspenseful, captivating look at love, and life in general, in the Mexican cartel. I loved the gutsy, super sharp heroine too! A.J. Adams shows her great talent for dark, suspenseful romantic writing in Songbird, which amazingly is only her third book. Not only was the book well written, but it was witty and erotic and the elaborate well thought out plot kept me guessing every step of the way. I will definitely be looking for more of Ms. Adams’ works in the future!

When everyone is out to get you, can the one person who could possibly save you be one of the most evil and darkest drug lords ever to exist? That’s the question that Solitaire is faced with as she finds herself smack dab in the middle of a Mexican cartel war over drug territory rights in England.
Having been kidnapped, held against her will and repeatedly raped by Escamilla, the leader of the Los Zetas’ operations in England, she has nothing left to lose when the head of the entire Los Zetas, Arturo Vazquez, comes knocking on their door to take Escamilla out. Apparently Escamilla had been a very, bad boy and was looking to go independent.

Arturo is instantly attracted to Solitaire and impressed by her gutsy nature and apparent bravery in the hopeless situation she finds herself in. An attraction that Solitaire clearly shares. Rather than fall apart as most women (in fact, most men) would have done in a similar situation, she maintains her composure and tries her best to find a way to make herself useful to Arturo.
Still she’s a witness to murder, and a traitor’s “girlfriend”, so can she be trusted? In the cartel world, loyalty means more than blood, and is the one thing you can’t live without. Even if Arturo where somehow convinced, he also has to think of the optics, after all cartels rule by terror. Can there possibly be a HEA in store for this couple?

Solitaire is one of the ingenious, tough heroines I’ve encountered in a very long time. I was glued to my Kindle throughout the entire read, just waiting to see what she would do next. I was convinced a number of times that the plot was going one way, and then Ms. Adams would shock and astound me with yet another unexpected twist and turn.

Additionally, the BDSM erotic nature of this novel was well done and added a whole other dimension to this fantastic read. I also enjoyed learning both Solitaire’s and Arturo’s point of views throughout the whole novel as this greatly added depth to the story.

If you enjoy erotic, suspenseful romances with bad boy heroes, and even more impressive heroines, then I can’t recommend Songbird highly enough!

Source: Review copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  B.J.O. | Oct 29, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,349,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible