Unbound (The Omega Trilogy Book 1) by J.B.…

Unbound (The Omega Trilogy Book 1)

by J.B. Simmons

193537,190 (4.7)None

This is a book for young adults and adults. This is a book of romance and science fiction with a bit of thriller.is the world going to end or will Elijah be able to save the world. He and another group of teenagers try to join a group that will teach them to be spies. Can they do it? I really enjoyed this first book of a trilogy and look forward to reading the second two in the series. I received this book from bookfun.org for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Jun 26, 2016 |
Don't usually enjoy YA or teen novels, but this one read well and kept me turning pages. It's a different take on the end times, fresh and clever, and while the hook at the end for the next book in the series is borderline cliffhanger, the story does stand alone. A bit more strength in the action scenes, and this would have earned five stars. As it is, some of them felt stilted, so we'll call it four stars. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Dec 1, 2015 |
End of World Techno-Thriller

If no one else can see it, then the horrifying object's not real, right? This is Elijah' struggle in Unbound by JB Simmons. Elijah has strange and terrifying dreams of the end of the world. Applying to be part of the elite International Security Organization, he meets up with Naomi, a part of an underground cult. Will Elijah's curiosity and growing love for Naomi cause him to join her side as the ominous forces use a form of high technology to track,train,and control those around them?As I hurtled like a rocket through this fast-moving tale, it was hard not to feel like a confused pinball, being knocked by events on all sides, as I, the reader, desperately tried to figure out who was on which side in order to what? warn Elijah? rewrite the story so it would come out all roses for him? Unfortunately, I, like Eli,was subject to the darker forces the writer had in mind. Always the tension. Maybe Elijah and his forces would come out the victors. However, in the back of the mind is the fact that it is hard to be a victor without Jesus Christ, and Elijah is not ready to make that decision. Hence the even greater anxiety created for both readers and characters.

Quotable: "'Technology is a cover up...' "It makes the world faster,more efficient,more open, but better? In some ways, yes, but it obscures what matters most:the soul. anyone can play god with a microchip in the head. You spend enough time playing god and you forget there's a real God up there.'" Even though our society doesn't have as much technology as is in the book, this statement could still be true of us as people who think we have so much knowledge available to us now. We think we're invincible, the masters of our fate.

Of course, this is first in a series. Happily, the second is due out any day, and mine is on pre-order. Buy them both and be further ahead in the game. Read Revelation while you're at it, and see if you agree with JB's portrayal of end times. It certainly is breathtaking!

I received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Becky_L | Feb 20, 2015 |

In the year 2066, Elijah hopes to graduate high school and get into the International Security Agency. He also dreams of dragons. He meets Naomi, a Christian, and they realize they play a part in a prophecy intended to save the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible