He Who Fights and Runs Away: Season One,…

He Who Fights and Runs Away: Season One, Episode One (Broken Dark Book 1)

by Taylor P. Davidson

641,268,033 (4)None

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Well this is a scifi book with plenty of action. It starts off with officers trying to catch some big time boot leggers. I enjoyed the ride all the way to the end keeping in mind it was a novella so it was short and to the point. A nice fast read. ( )
  thicks | Jul 20, 2015 |
Great start to what should be a fun series. The characters (even the ones you shouldn't like) are likeable and the descriptions of the environment easy to imagine. Can't wait for book 2.
  LesleyChildress | Jan 29, 2015 |
This is not a book I normally would read, but after starting it I found myself not wanting to put it down. It's action and adventure mixed with science fiction in a way that was done very well. The author is so descriptive with his language it puts you right into the story. Cant wait for the second book!! ( )
  Mindi25 | Jan 21, 2015 |
Although this is not a book i normally would read, after starting it I found myself being drawn into their world. A lot of action and gun fights but also getting to know each character just a little bit more. It's action mixed with science fiction in a way that really fits. The author writes it to where you can really see it in your mind. The pages come to life with the world that you are reading about. Highly recommended.

It starts out with just a group of officers sure that they have finally got their fugitives stuck and caught. Then turns upside down and they lose most of them. You think one thing about the group and another thing happens. When this book ended I was upset and left with a cliff hanger. Looking forward to the next one. Waiting to see which ones make it and which ones end up behind bars. ( )
  katieperryrogers | Jan 20, 2015 |

600 years from now, mankind has left Earth behind. The Milky Way is filled with seed colonies and teems with human life. Yet despite all our advances in science, we have yet to surpass our most primal natures. We carried all of our greed, wars and decadences with us into the stars and our far flung worlds are every bit as dangerous as Earth is now.

Lord Alasdair Donaghue, Duke of the British Stellar Dalcross Systems, has tried to remedy this with a second war on alcohol. But just as bootleggers emerged in the United States of America in the 1920’s, Prohibition has opened the door for criminals to grow rich once again. Famed for her resourceful and ruthless nature, Lisa Tant is one such smuggler. She has grown bold and confident with her ever growing infamy and it is on Calgany Space Station that she faces her reckoning. Betrayed by someone in her own crime syndicate, Tant finds herself the focus of the Alcohol Enforcement Agency and must flee the space station with her crew, cut off from her ship with seemingly nowhere to run.

Taylor P. Davidson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,120,616 books! | Top bar: Always visible