Prisoner (Criminals & Captives Book 1) by…

Prisoner (Criminals & Captives Book 1)

by Skye Warren

♦♦♦♦ I was lucky enough to beta read this and I first want to thank the PR firm and the authors for giving me the privilege♦♦♦♦

This is one dark, gritty read and I loved every minute of it, both these authors have produced a book that I feel that all dark romance readers will love.

It will pull you in from page one and you will be glued to the pages, wondering where the story is heading.

There are twists and turns in this book and thats what makes it more enjoyable.

There is violence, a kidnapping, sex or course thats what makes this a dark read.

I really did enjoy reading this again a second time around. ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for honest review.

I couldn't read this book fast enough, I just had to know what was going to happen, and it didn't let me down.

Abby had a f*ed up childhood with a drug addict for a mother, and Abby's coping mechanism was reading. Understandable, it's easy to get lost in a story if that's what it takes to help you make it through whatever crapbag circumstances have been thrown your way.

Grayson on the other hand, his childhood is the stuff you don't even want to imagine, yet once you learn the surface details, it's all too easy to know exactly what happened during those 6 years of his life, and you can understand his driving need to seek revenge.

What starts out as nothing more than Grayson getting into the course in order to get a message to his crew on the outside, becomes a really, really strange and twisted love story. And along the way, you get to experience prison fights, neck stabbings, shootings, surgery in a derelict, dilapidated hotel, serious animosity toward an individual (to the point they want to just kill the person), felony charges and a death that is pretty much warranted.

Now, the only issues for me in this book was Abby's age; 19 seems way to young to be teaching anything at a prison, I would have preferred for her to have at least been 21 or 22. The other thing that was never answered in this story is the circumstances surrounding Grayson's incarceration. We know what he's locked up for, but we're never told why it was done.

Still an enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  scottnl | Oct 30, 2014 |

He seethes with raw power the first time I see him—pure menace and rippling muscles in shackles. He’s dangerous. He’s wild. He’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

So I hide behind my prim glasses and my book like I always do, because I have secrets too. Then he shows up in the prison writing class I have to teach, and he blows me away with his honesty. He tells me secrets in his stories, and it’s getting harder to hide mine. I shiver when he gets too close, with only the cuffs and the bars and the guards holding him back. At night I can’t stop thinking about him in his cell.

But that’s the thing about an animal in a cage—you never know when he’ll bite. He might use you to escape. He might even pull you into a forest and hold a hand over your mouth so you can’t call for the cops. He might make you come so hard, you can’t think.

And you might crave him more than your next breath.

Skye Warren is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,994,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible