Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

Saint Anything (2015)

by Sarah Dessen

first sarah dessen book and it was about as good as i expected. now, i am not a fan of romance, but it was very well-written. ( )
  jwmchen | Nov 4, 2017 |
This book is about finding yourself while going through all the trials of growing up. The author does a great job of endearing the main character to your heart. As the book comes to a satisfying ending, you are happy for Sydney and her family and friends.
  edwardcandler | Apr 13, 2017 |
Tackled some difficult issues and told a good tale, without supernaturals. I liked it. ( )
  bookczuk | Feb 20, 2017 |
For me, this is a great book about seeing things from others' perspectives. It's also a look into growing up and the pressures of society and family. I really appreciate how realistic it is. Most everyone can identify with at least some point within. I found myself angry at the situations Sydney was in several times. She's one of the best behaved teens I've seen so not seeing her get credit for her levelheadedness hurt. Saint Anything is an excellent read that got me thinking and feeling. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
For all the invisible girls and for my readers, for seeing me
"Would the defendant please rise."

Peyton, Sydney's charismatic older brother, has always been the star of the family, receiving the lion's share of their parents' attention and—lately—concern. When Peyton's increasingly reckless behavior culminates in an accident, a drunk driving conviction, and a jail sentence, Sydney is cast adrift, searching for her place in the family and the world. When everyone else is so worried about Peyton, is she the only one concerned about the victim of the accident?

Enter the Chathams, a warm, chaotic family who run a pizza parlor, play bluegrass on weekends, and pitch in to care for their mother, who has multiple sclerosis. Here Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance. And here she meets Mac, gentle, watchful, and protective, who makes Sydney feel seen, really seen, for the first time.

The uber-popular Sarah Dessen explores her signature themes of family, self-discovery, and change in her twelfth novel, sure to delight her legions of fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:41 -0400)

Sydney's charismatic older brother, Peyton, has always been the center of attention in the family but when he is sent to jail, Sydney struggles to find her place at home and the world until she meets the Chathams, including gentle, protective Mac, who makes her feel seen for the first time.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,860,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible