The Fourteenth Protocol by Nathan A. Goodman

The Fourteenth Protocol

by Nathan A. Goodman

202515,329 (4.67)None

I freely chose to review this ARC, and now I am a HUGE fan of this author! Be prepared for the ride of your life and longed for more of this talented author who kept me rapidly reading. I loved that his characters seemed so real and human, especially Cade Williams an Operations Administrator working for Thoughtstorm and Jana Baker a rookie with the FBI. Cade is needed to go undercover to seek out intelligence as the FBI knows that someone is sending orders to set bombs through out America killing dozens of people, but they can't grasped where go next! ( )
  Linda.Bass | Apr 9, 2017 |
My Thoughts

This book was written brilliantly! I loved the pace and the action. It is a clever blend of many of the suspense/action writers I love - Tom Clancy and Stephen Coonts. Plus, there is the well-written, could be true, has done his research feel of a lot of the Michael Crichton.

The bit of this book that stood out the most for me was that fact that Goodman has placed a strong female lead in the midst of the book. It is great to have a smart, suspenseful read that actually has a female lead who is intellectual and strong, rather than dependent.

I also love the character created for the main male, Cade, as he isn't weak, just because we have a strong female. He is still very intellectual, good at his job and able to cope and work with a strong lead, of the opposite sex.

The action-packed writing of this book kept me on the edge of my seat, ready to fly through the pages - curious about what was going to happen next. All of the details were in depth enough to make the events seem plausible and real, and seemed on par with what may happen in a really scenario, such as this. Even with all these details, it still was able to keep the pace moving as swiftly as needed to make it have a sense of urgency, to match the plot.

I liked the choice in secondary characters as well. I found myself imagining the characters, personality, clothing and all, as I felt like I knew them well by the end of the story. I also felt that they matched the story completely. I would have expected characters like Rupert Johnston in a book of this nature, with his hard, military exterior.

OVERALL: I highly recommend this book! It is a fab, suspenseful, military read. It is on par with similar style authors and really is addicting, you find yourself having to force the book closed at the end of the day, as you want to see what happens next. It is a book that is appropriate for 16+, in my opinion and would be enjoyed by all those who like action and suspense. ( )
  naturalbri | Oct 30, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,438,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible