Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Successful COBOL Upgrades: Highlights and Programming Techniques
by Young Chae
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471330116, Paperback)Your roadmap to easier, faster, safer, and more cost-effective COBOL upgrades Successful COBOL Upgrades To keep your valuable COBOL applications alive and reduce costs, you need to upgrade to current standards and get rid of that impossible-to-maintain, obsolete code. This complete guide acquaints you with significant differences between major COBOL releases, describes how to get the most out of the newest features, and boosts your upgrade effort with techniques used by one of the largest Y2K factories in the world-Ernst & Young's Accelerated Conversion Center. You'll find step-by-step methods for comprehensive planning, converting, compiling, and testing for each of the three different approaches to upgrading COBOL: manually, using internal staff and resources; using purchased or leased conversion tools; and outsourcing to an established upgrade factory. Important coverage for the success of your upgrade project includes:
* Upgrade advantages, disadvantages, obstacles, and surprises
* Compiling converted code
* A special section on using IBM's market-dominant tool, CCCA
* Adding COBOL/370 programs to existing applications
* Modifying source programs
* Special programming techniques for DB/2, CICS, ISAM, and Report Writer developers
* Working with Language Environment
* The latest advances in error recovery and performance
On the enclosed CD-ROM you'll find:
* Handy information on using IBM's CCCA conversion software
* Programs from the book and additional compile procs
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:57 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.