The First Kiss by Grace Burrowes

I adore Grace Burrowes's Historical Romances, but the contemporaries just aren't sparking for me. They're sweet, but the prevalence of creepy, scary, abusive men from the heroines' pasts is just ugh. Yes, it's refreshing for the women to be the relationship-shy parties, but there must be other circumstances under which a woman would become leery of trusting a man with her heart. You know, like a good old-fashioned break-up by voice mail (or text). Not that the complete a$$holes in these women's pasts are the only things not working for me, but they're one of the largest issues. I just...I don't know...I wanted to swoon over these like I do over Burrowes's Historicals and it's not happening and sigh. ( )
  BillieBook | Mar 1, 2016 |
With this new series, Burrowes has proved that she can write contemporary romances as well as Regencies and Victorians.

Vera is a talented pianist and a single mom dealing with the aftermath of a messy divorce. James, her nearsest neighbor, is a lawyer and CPA, whose little black book includes most of the single women in the county. Their attraction is immediate, but both of them have histories and uncertainties to overcome. Plus Vera has a stalker, possibly her ex-husband.

A charming romance. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Nov 3, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,063,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible