Banish

Banish

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added byTarklovishki

I had high expectations for Banish, and none of them were met.

This was 99% romance and 1% thriller. The audience is given a strong prologue, then thrown back a week to see how Alyssa got there. I'm not usually bothered by that, but this pissed me off.

Right off the bat, we're shown a blossoming romance between Alyssa and Ronan, but we're never shown how they got there, nor why they're suitable for each other. It's just thrown right at us out of nowhere.

We're told that Alyssa's mother is a crazy alcoholic who speaks to walls - again, we're never shown that. Alyssa tells us until she is forced to return home, and her mother is completely lucid and coherent. Not seeing the crazy alcoholic vibe at all.

Midway through the book, you already know who the killer is, because there is only about ten characters in the book.

And don't get me started on the descriptions. If I read another sentence where Ronan's infinite amount of eyebrows rose and communicated an emotion - while the rest of his face was blank - I was going to scream.

All in all, a very disappointing book. ( )
  Tarklovishki | Oct 31, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible