A Twist of the Knife by Peter James

A Twist of the Knife (2014)

by Peter James

I'm always leery of short stories...especially by authors whose full length novels I really, really like...as in Peter James. So I approached this one with caution. These are a collection of 30 stories all with a thriller/horror theme. Peter James also offers us two stories featuring his Detective Roy Grace who has become a trademark series for James. As with any "collection", each story has a "twist" ending... some predictable and others not so much. I was glad I stuck with this book as I found I really liked more of them than I didn't like. ( )
  Carol420 | Mar 18, 2018 |
A Twist of the Knife is a collection of short stories. Some of tbe stories are as short a few pages. I don't really enjoy this type of short story as I feel that there isn't enough to get stuck in to.

I did read the first couple then flicked through to read tne Roy Grace ones and the story that inspired the brilliant Dead Simple.

It's hard to rate this book because I have read what I want so I haven't technically finished it but do love Peter James as an author.

I think 3 or 4 stars for his writing and for just being Peter James but I have to give 1 star because the book wasn't completely read. ( )
  tina1969 | Nov 11, 2014 |

A series of thirty short stories and as the title indicates, each story has a twist. The stories all relate to crime and end with a tasty scare the reader just doesn't see coming.

With each twist of the knife, a chilling new journey begins ...From a woman intent on bizarre revenge, to a restaurant critic with a morbid fear of the number thirteen; and from a man arranging a life-changing assignation, to a couple heading for a disaster-filled vacation ...In multi-million-copy bestselling author Peter James' collection of short stories we first come to meet Brighton's finest detective, Roy Grace, and read the tale that went on to inspire James' hugely successful novel, Dead Simple. James exposes the Achilles heel of each of his characters, and makes us question how well we can trust ourselves, and one another. Each tale carries a twist that will haunt readers for days after they turn the final page ...Combining every twisted tale from the ebook bestsellers Short Shockers One and Short Shockers Two, with a never-seen-before collection of new material, A Twist of the Knife shows Peter James as the undisputed grand master of storytellers with this sometimes funny, often haunting, but always shocking collection.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,426,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible