Tokyo Ghoul Vol. 3 by Sui Ishida

Tokyo Ghoul Vol. 3

by Sui Ishida

This is the third volume in the Tokyo Ghoul series. I was about to give up on this series...but I actually liked this book a lot more than the previous two.

In the previous book Hinami lost her mother and now is being taken care of by Kaneki and his new friends. However things get worse for Hinami when two of the Counter Ghoul agents, Mado and Amon, take an interest in her case and start trying to hunt her down. Kaneki and Touka will have to get Mado and Amon away from Hinami quickly. Kaneki is also exploring his new found Ghoul powers and he is trying to find a place to use them. Kaneki may be in an interesting position to bring about a sort of truce between humans and Ghouls.

I enjoyed the story a lot more in this volume than in the previous two volumes. We are learning a lot more and finally engaging with more of the characters in a more intimate way. I also really enjoyed watching Kaneki explore his ghoul powers.

There is a lot more action in this installment as well and we get to see some pretty awesome battles between Kaneki and the Counter Ghoul agents. We also learn some interesting info on how the Counter Ghoul agents’ weapons are made.

The illustration is well done and easy to follow. The storyline is getting more interesting (I was worried it was going to be a straight-up ghouls vs anti-ghoul agents).

Overall I think this was the best book in the series so far. I didn’t like the second volume that much, but after reading this one I kind of changed my mind. I will most likely continue reading this series. I would recommend to those who enjoy action and paranormal themed mangas.
  krau0098 | Mar 6, 2016 |
A satisfying volume that concentrates on two ghoul agents tracking down Hinami, Agent Amon and the freaky Agent Mado who is weirder than a ghoul! The ghoul gang tries to throw them off the scent and ends up coming to the rescue (well, sort of). We learn a lot about Hinami in this volume and Kaneki is pushed to his limits in battle when he releases his inner ghoul but doesn't know if he'll be able to tame it back before he has to take a bite of flesh. ( )
  ElizaJane | Feb 25, 2016 |

Ghouls live among us, the same as normal people in every way - except their craving for human flesh. Ken Kaneki is an ordinary college student until a violent encounter turns him into the first half-human half-ghoul hybrid. Trapped between two worlds, he must survive Ghoul turf wars, learn more about Ghoul society and master his new powers. Kaneki is still trying to get used to his new life when Commission of Counter Ghoul agents Mado and Amon start sniffing around for Hinami. Kaneki and Touka are going to have to get them off her tail and fast. No easy task now that Kaneki's got to bring humans and Ghouls to a rapid truce at the same time.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible