Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Tokyo Ghoul 3 by Sui Ishida

Tokyo Ghoul 3 (edition 2015)

by Sui Ishida (Author)

Series: Tokyo Ghoul (3)

Ghouls live among us, the same as normal people in every way - except their craving for human flesh. Ken Kaneki is an ordinary college student until a violent encounter turns him into the first half-human half-ghoul hybrid. Trapped between two worlds, he must survive Ghoul turf wars, learn more about Ghoul society and master his new powers. Kaneki is still trying to get used to his new life when Commission of Counter Ghoul agents Mado and Amon start sniffing around for Hinami. Kaneki and Touka are going to have to get them off her tail and fast. No easy task now that Kaneki's got to bring humans and Ghouls to a rapid truce at the same time.… (more)
Member:Schoeyjr
Title:Tokyo Ghoul 3
Authors:Sui Ishida (Author)
Info:Viz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc (2015), Edition: 01, 192 pages

Tokyo Ghoul Vol. 3 by Sui Ishida

Another excellent volume. This one really had me thinking about both sides of the human versus ghoul conflict.....who's right and who's wrong? Is either right or wrong? ( )
  spaceman5000 | Jul 23, 2020 |
I'm still pretty thrilled to see Kaneki in his mask. I don't know how Uta came up with it but I'm glad. He is supposed to be the bridge between humans and ghouls and so far he's showing how ghouls feel too. Touka is really pushing it as far as getting revenge. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series and I hope to see even more fight scenes later on. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
Touka and Kaneki try to spread a little disinformation about Hinami at the CCG 20th Ward branch. It doesn't work, but they do discover that Kaneki can go through RC scan gates like a normal human being - apparently his body is still human enough for that. At any rate, Hinami leaves Anteiku, and Touka and Kaneki go after her. Touka finds her first, but the two are soon attacked by Investigator Mado. Kaneki, meanwhile, comes across Investigator Amon. Hinami attacks Mado when it looks like he might be about to kill Touka - it turns out that Mado (who is, in fact, human and not a ghoul, no matter how strange he looks) fights with quinques he made from the kagunes of Hinami's parents. It's no wonder the ghouls hate the ghoul investigators so much, when they use pieces of their friends and family members as weapons against them. Mado is killed by Touka. Kaneki defeats but doesn't kill Amon, determined to show Amon that there's more to ghouls than he thinks.

Dang but these battles are hard to follow.

I rolled my eyes a bit at Kaneki's battle. As cool as it was that he was able to survive and defeat Amon, he really shouldn't have been able to. Amon had at least some experience under his belt, while Kaneki had no clue what he was doing. He was just lucky that Amon was apparently off his game or something.

Hinami is the first ghoul we've seen in this series who for sure has ghoul weaponry but who also doesn't seem to be emotionally capable to killing. I wonder if that's what Yoshimura meant by ghouls who are unable to hunt?

This volume was pretty decent, and I'm interested to see if Kaneki can bridge the gap between humans and ghouls, but I'm still not in love with this series.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Dec 17, 2017 |
This is the third volume in the Tokyo Ghoul series. I was about to give up on this series...but I actually liked this book a lot more than the previous two.

In the previous book Hinami lost her mother and now is being taken care of by Kaneki and his new friends. However things get worse for Hinami when two of the Counter Ghoul agents, Mado and Amon, take an interest in her case and start trying to hunt her down. Kaneki and Touka will have to get Mado and Amon away from Hinami quickly. Kaneki is also exploring his new found Ghoul powers and he is trying to find a place to use them. Kaneki may be in an interesting position to bring about a sort of truce between humans and Ghouls.

I enjoyed the story a lot more in this volume than in the previous two volumes. We are learning a lot more and finally engaging with more of the characters in a more intimate way. I also really enjoyed watching Kaneki explore his ghoul powers.

There is a lot more action in this installment as well and we get to see some pretty awesome battles between Kaneki and the Counter Ghoul agents. We also learn some interesting info on how the Counter Ghoul agents’ weapons are made.

The illustration is well done and easy to follow. The storyline is getting more interesting (I was worried it was going to be a straight-up ghouls vs anti-ghoul agents).

Overall I think this was the best book in the series so far. I didn’t like the second volume that much, but after reading this one I kind of changed my mind. I will most likely continue reading this series. I would recommend to those who enjoy action and paranormal themed mangas.
  krau0098 | Mar 6, 2016 |

Sui Ishidaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Yamazaki, JoeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,674,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible