99 Days by Katie Cotugno

99 Days

by Katie Cotugno

99 Days
By Katie Cotugno

Readers will enjoy this young adult novel about a girl who is mistakenly labeled as a “slut” and runs away to escape the bullying and the guilt. Molly spends her senior year at a boarding school to escape her problems with her love life. Teenage girls will definitely enjoy this book.

However as I read, I began to wonder when Molly would take charge of her life and stop hiding. She’s not a slut, she’s not the worst person to walk the face of the earth, and she’s not required to take this treatment from others. Houses don’t have to be egged, cars don’t to be keyed, and threatening notes should not be left on her car. There were people who could have helped her, but she didn’t seek out help. Yes, she was mad with her mom, but Molly needed to learn to stand up for herself.
  laura.w.douglas | Mar 9, 2017 |
Molly, Molly, Molly, what were you thinking? How could you hurt those you care about so badly? First thing I want to do is shake some sense into you. Next, I want to give Gabe and Patrick a good old fashioned tongue lashing for their roles… and that is just for starters. There are plenty of guilty parties to go around in 99 Days.

99 Days is one of those books that dealt with a difficult subject matter: cheating. It is never an easy topic to write or read about. But the fact remains – it happens. Life is completed and people influence our decisions both for the good and the bad. This is especially true for teenagers who are still figuring out the world and their place in it.

The complexity and flaws of the characters and what could easily have been a real life situation is the why I enjoyed reading 99 Days. Unfortunately for Molly she did not learn her lesson the first time around. While I was not very sympathy to her plight, the story was so well written I could not help but like her.

I received a free copy from the publisher in return for completing a survey. This review is my honest opinion. ( )
  purpledog | Oct 13, 2016 |
2015 Reading Challenge #05: A book with a number in the title.

I was rooting for you! Tú, con tu hermosa portada y tu sinopsis prometedora, has resultado ser uno de los peores YA Contemporáneos que he leído. Y mira que he leído muchos.

Julia, Gabe y Patrick. Los odio a todos. Con su descontrol y lujuria que esconden tras charlas de supuesto amor. Con su egoísmo. Con su destrucción de los lazos familiares. Y, sobretodo, con su falta de arrepentimiento. Los odio. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Actual rating 3.5 ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
Reviewed by Lauren (Class of 2019)

99 Days was about a girl named Molly who returned to her home town, Star Lake after a mistake she had made. Molly lived a normal life, went to school and hung out with her boyfriend Patrick. That all changed during sophomore year when Molly made the mistake of hooking up with Patrick's brother Gabe. After she told her mom of what they did her mom decided to write a bestselling novel, Driftwood.It was about her, Patrick, and Gabe's story.After people read the book and realized it was about her it all went downhill from there. Julia, Gabe and Patrick's brother then started hating Molly.Then, so does everyone else.

Overall I enjoyed this book. I really liked how the character's personality's all differed from each others. I also enjoyed the plot, it was a nice summer novel where there was teens, working, and drama all mixed in to keep the story interesting to me. Although I didn't really enjoy Patrick as much as I did his older brother Gabe. I thought Patrick was more the "stereotypical boy after a break up." I liked Gabe more on the other hand because even though what he and Molly did was wrong, I enjoyed that he was a more optimistic person and always nice to people, no matter the situation.

I would recommend this book because I believe it gives a good message to teens about what your mistakes can do/cause, and why you should always think twice about what you do before you go and do it. ( )
  HHS-Students | Jan 25, 2016 |

"Molly Barlow is facing one long, hot summer--99 days--with the boy whose heart she broke and the boy she broke it for: his brother"-- Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible