All Because of the Tip of a Needle by Phlip…

All Because of the Tip of a Needle

by Phlip Nork

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byjbarr5, amyshan

No tags.

All Because of the Tip of a Needle by Philip Nork
Enjoyed the previous works of the author and this one also. It's about harness horse racing and how Sam Newman is raised around the industry and as he gets older he wants to do more in the field.
He has vets that will travel to the farm to tend to his horses. He scouts and puts in claims on the horses after the race. M99 scandal and his life is over.
He has a feeling with them and knows just how much time they need to just hang out in the field at his farm before returning to racing.
He gets blackmailed and has to figure out who and why. So many clues to connect. Lots of surprises along the way. Love learning how he is able to rehab and train the horses. Love the connection he has with his grandfather. Glad he was able to get his story out.
The people you meet in your life! Love all the new things I learned.
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jun 30, 2017 |
Heartbreaking and Inspiring!

I have recently found myself being a fan of Nork's work (He is on my top ten list of authors of 2014) and this is no exception. He is am amazing writer but more importantly, he can write a story. In order to be a writer, you don't just write. You have to be a storyteller and bring your story to life. He took Scott Nance's story of scandal at the racetrack and fictionalized the story and characters. Whether or not this was based on someone's life, it was a remarkable story and his creation of the characters, giving them a deepness of their life was truly amazing. I love the fact that the main character, Samuel, keeps relying on memories of his granddad to assistance. "Once again, I found myself turning to my dead grandfather for friendship. I would close my eyes and talk out loud to him." If you are a fan of horses (he even digs deep into the souls of the horses), or just love a good read that tells a great story, this is a highly recommended book. ( )
  amyshan | Nov 1, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,405,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible