Loving Lawson (Loving Lawson, #1) by R.J.…

Loving Lawson (Loving Lawson, #1)

by R.J. Lewis

After I finished reading 'Loving Lawson', I stared at those last few sentences and tried to clarify what exactly I felt about this story.

First of all, this is not a very polished piece of work, as it needed several rounds of editing and revisions. Awkward dialogues and phrases make me absolutely cringe - I had to stop reading at various points because I just couldn't deal with it. The writing alone would've been enough for me abandon this; but I was genuinely intrigued by the plot. Also helped that this was a short read.

Writing aside, Lewis knows how to tell a story. It just needed to be fleshed out more - there was no build up to Heath and Allie suddenly having feelings for each other. One day it was just there. Several times I was scratching my head and thinking, whatinhell. The end basically smacks you in the face - in a good way! - and had me flipping immediately to the sequel. Like I said, Lewis knows how to draw you in. Sole reason this has a higher rating with me.

If you are bothered by crude language, violence, breaking moral and legal codes, and taboo subjects like two brothers falling for one girl (and pregnant, no less), this is most definitely not for you. ( )
  aznstarlette | Feb 28, 2015 |
I thought this story was fantastic and it all had to do with Heath. Of course any person would be attracted to a cute face and a hot bod, but Heath is more than that. The fact that he took responsibility of Allie and her problems, something he wasn't obligated to, blew my mind. Then the other decisions he made to ensure that things would be okay were just unbelievable. It surprised Allie, and it surprised me.
Some people seem to have a problem at the fact that Allie didn't go to her ex, Ryker, in jail and break things off with him once she started having feelings for Heath. However, she told Ryker that they were done, and her not talking or visiting him should have been enough to show that she was serious. So I saw nothing wrong with any of her actions.
That ending though. It was awesome! It left me scared for what might happen to Allie and Heath. But now I'm hooked and I want that next book like now! ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible