A Question of Destiny by Anita Higman

A Question of Destiny

by Anita Higman

I think this book did a good job of pointing out the bad things that can come with getting a large sum of money given to you as well as the good things that come with it and can come from it.

I'm not sure if the romance between Andy and Lucy is very realistic (as far as it happening due to the circumstances) but I do think the author realistically portrayed some of the struggles that can come up in a relationship.

I didn't like how Lucy seemed to change after she got the money--she became suspicious of an old friend and I never was sure if that friend was really trying to hint about getting some money or was just being herself and Lucy took it the wrong way. Lucy also seemed to leave her shut ins and other work behind once she got the money. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
When a millionaire gives Lucy O’Brien $10 million, she is shocked. If she accepts the money, she’ll be able to do all the things she’s ever wanted to do, including helping those in need. But will having all that money be the answer, or cause more problems for Lucy? And what about the “solitary” Andrew Whitfield? His job is to watch over Lucy… to work as an advisor for her as she adjusts to her new life. Will Lucy and Andrew find their destiny together, or will they go their separate ways at the end of a few months.
I enjoyed “A Question of Destiny” by Anita Higman so very much. The characters are endearing and sometimes humorous. This book answers Lucy’s questions from the Christian stand point: seeking our Heavenly Father’s will in all that we do through prayer. In addition to telling a good story, Ms. Higman has a gift of description – from her characters to the scenery. It’s almost like being there. (A plus for me is that it is set in Texas!)
If you like to read clean, Christ-centered romance books, Anita Higman’s books are for you.
I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review, which I have given. ( )
  LisaPI | Feb 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible