At Death's Door (Freefall) (Volume 1) by…

At Death's Door (Freefall) (Volume 1)

by Astrid V. Tallaksen

No tags.

At Death’s Door is the first book in Astrid’s Freefall Series, I believe this is her first book ever. If that’s the case this new author is most definitely one to watch.

The story is very fast paced, and with each page being a true page turner, you’ll be excited to see what happens next. Although billed as a Fantasy/Paranormal book, you’ll find plenty of mystery and more than a spattering of suspense.

Astrid has developed her characters very well, making for a much more enjoyable read, and the way Sara is portrayed throughout all her fear, turmoil, confusion and anger is completely believable. Not sure I can believe all the story however, although it would be cool.

As I say for a first book, this is one awesome read that I believe anyone would enjoy!

Watch out for my review of Book 2, Between Heaven and Hell on the 22nd July, I can’t wait! Enjoy.

NB: I received this book free in return for an honest review ( )
  theReadingHead | Jul 17, 2015 |
Gosh, were to start without spoiling. I refuse to spoil this book for anyone. This book was filled with surprises from the characters to the plot. I was kept on my toes trying to guess what would happen next and I was never disappointed. More than once I thought I had everything figured out but nope. The main character is Sara and the story is told from her point of view. Sara is a strong, take no prisoners kind of woman. Good thing because if it can go wrong for Sara, it will; on a cosmic level.

At Death's Door is a great start to a new series. No cliffhanger ending, set up for the next book leaving me eager to read more, more action than I could have dreamed of; who could ask for more? One word: Daniel. Oh yeah, baby. At Death's Door earned all five stars.

BridgetBlackwood | Feb 4, 2015 |

Astrid V. Tallaksen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,844,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible