Unique: A New Breed (Volume 1) by Reyna…

Unique: A New Breed (Volume 1)

by Reyna Pryde

143683,257 (4)None

I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

This is a solid book, reminiscent of Twilight but for a more mature reader. ( )
  CurlyQueL | Feb 17, 2015 |
I was given this in exchange for a review. I had not heard of this author and even though it shouldn't happen with free books I almost always find something wrong. This was different!

The story was great. Very fast paced and entertaining. I like paranormal stories a lot, but even for those that like romance, mystery, thrillers, or so many other genres this would be a good read! ( )
  jaynep140 | Jan 5, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book through one of LibraryThing's member giveaway programs in exchange for a review.

This novel is a well told and well paced story with all my favourite fantasy creations in one place (vampires, rogue vampire hunters, werewolves, witches, wizards, sorcerers and Lilith - what's not to like?). It has a really original take on the old classic vampire story with a variety of unexpected turns along the way. It ends at a perfect moment as well - something I really admire as endings can be problematic and, although this is clearly the start of a series, that isn't telegraphed in any way and the novel is quite capable of being read as a stand alone work if the reader isn't in to series.

I do have a couple of issues with the formatting of the book as there are some typographical errors that grate and a few section changes are very poorly delineated by the formatting making it feel as if the reader is taking a misstep and being jarred out of the story to sort out what is happening - an issue which could have been avoided with an extra line space or a row of asterisks (old fashioned as that may be) to make it clear that the scene has changed. This gives a certain choppiness to the reading which really jars, especially as the story is otherwise so smoothly and entertainingly told.

Overall though, this is a fun and entertaining book with an original, well told and absorbing story - I loved it. ( )
  flusteredduck | Dec 8, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Reyna Pryde's book Unique: A New Breed was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Reyna Pryde is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,438,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible