Shifting Identity; A Paranormal Love Story…

Shifting Identity; A Paranormal Love Story of Karina and Jules (A Story of…

by Jasmine Bowen, Zhu Hsia (Author)

I won an ARC from LibraryThing Member Giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

A sweet straight forward story. A little bit of mystery and intrigue, a few secrets here and there. Looking forward to where their dreams and adventures take the couple. The title is quite misleading though. It sounded more like a werewolf story. I did not expect it to be a human/warlock story at all. ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
Shifting Identity (The Magickeepers #1)

by Jasmine Bowen, Zhu Hsia

Overall I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more in the series. The story line and concept were interesting to me and I was compelled to keep reading to find out what happens.

The only thing that could have made it better for me was more in depth characters. I feel we didn't get to really know enough about Jules and his being "sick" didn't really amount to anything after what seemed to be months of an illness. Also Karina who I thought I knew about through the book I felt a little disconnected with at the end in the scenes with her friends since there was not a lot of interactions between her and her friends before that point.

I received this book free through LibraryThing in return for my honest review. ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Jan 13, 2015 |
I agree that this book is well worth the read. It does start off very slow and seems to drudge on but it builds the story well and then you really get into it. The main character Karina is lost in her own kind of world where what she wants seems to be there but yet so far away. What she wants is to interpret for the ones tht are defenseless against the growing population of haters to the also growing population of deformed witches. When her high school sweet heart and first love tried to talk her out of her dreams she starts to realize that sometimes life has a way of telling you where to go.reccomended for ages 12 and up very clean read! ( )
  lcsdr60 | Jan 2, 2015 |
  Ash_P | Nov 3, 2014 |
This is the story of Karina, a young, idealistic girl from the farmlands of Canada, who wants to be something more than a country girl. She dreams of being an interpreter at the United Nations, as well as a human rights advocate, especially for witches, who are currently under persecution. She convinces her mother to let her move to New Orleans to pursue her dreams and it is there she meets Jules, the handsome witch with problems galore. The storyline is good and also interesting. The only thing I felt it was lacking was in the "paranormal" area. But hopefully, if the series continues, we will get to see more of the paranormal stuff.

I really liked this book and the way the characters developed throughout the book so you don't learn everything about everyone in the first 2 chapters. I would recommend this book. ( )
  steelchicks | Oct 30, 2014 |

Bowen, Jasmineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hsia, ZhuAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,808,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible