His Desire (HIS Series Book 1) by Sheila…

His Desire (HIS Series Book 1)

by Sheila Kell

Series: HIS (1)

This was a great book with lots of twists and turns. I loved the constant bickering between Kate and Jesse. Then, before they knew it, their arguments changed to kisses. But not before a drive-by shooter shot Kate. Lucky for her, Jesse spotted the car and pulled her out of the way so that she wasn't badly hurt. Was the shooter after Kate, Jesse or both of them? And why?

I loved this exciting book with its constant action. Both Kate and Jesse were not terribly likeable at first. Kate was a strong and determined woman. She was almost too determined, always wanting to do things on her own. Her stubborn, hard-headed manner was irritating. Jesse was extremely dominant. He was used to running his company and having his orders followed without question. But they both mellowed, turning into really great people.

The ending was wonderful. It's not often that a book will bring tears to my eyes. This is romantic suspense at its best. A must read. ( )
  JoAB | Feb 13, 2018 |
When an FBI agent begins to be the target of a serial killer, only one thing can stand in their way...love. Kate and Jesse haven't been on the best of terms lately. They each believe the other is better at their job than the other. But when Kate is injured by a drive by shooting and just so happens to be standing right next to Jesse, maybe its not Kate who is the only one in danger. Jesse will do everything he can to keep Kate safe and those he loves this time. This story is centered around a family of brothers and a sister who all work for HIS company as bodyguards and security. It follows the owner Jesse and Kate's story here. ( )
  wndy2011 | Feb 4, 2017 |
definately XX rated ( )
  carolynsuarez | Jan 16, 2017 |
FBI Special Agent Kate Ross is thrown together with ex-FBI agent Jesse Hamilton, now working for a private security firm called H.I.S. They are tracking down a hitman known as The Facilitator. The Facilitator has a personal vendetta against Jesse, but, for some unknown reason, is targeting Kate. Who has hired the notorious hitman, and who is the actual target?

There's a lot of conflict and action in this fast-paced, romantic, mystery thriller. I loved Kate and Jesse's characters and the steamy dynamics between the two. They each have suffered past tragedies, which has caused hem to close off their hearts to love and the consequences of giving your soul to another person. There were plenty of secondary characters, and my favorites were Reagan, Jesse's daughter, and A.J., Jesse's brother and Kate's partner. It appears the next book in the series will be dealing with A.J. Hamilton.

And talk about a bunch of hunky men carrying firearms. I love them. As plot twists go, about one third of the way into the book, I had a niggling idea of who the ultimate villain was, so there were no surprises on that front.

What I didn't like were all the redundancies as Kate and Jesse sorted out their feelings. A good copy editor would have helped eliminate these issues, along with the lack of commas.

I really enjoyed this book and recommend it for people who like mystery thrillers. I give it 4 feathers. ( )
  saharafoley | May 23, 2015 |
♦♦♦♦ I received an arc in exchange for an honest review ♦♦♦♦

This was the debut novel for this author and what a read it was. Be prepared for your emotions to be all over the place in this book.

There are alot of twists and turns and you think it will go one way and it goes in the complete opposite direction.

Its a read which will have you fully engrossed and not want to put it down.

Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |

STAND-ALONE in the H.I.S. series Can Jesse Hamilton, the head of H.I.S., protect his client when his past and his heart have put them both in jeopardy? When FBI Special Agent Kate Ross is injured in a drive-by shooting, Hamilton Investigation and Security, Inc. (H.I.S.) leader Jesse Hamilton, believing she is the target of a killer seeking revenge against him, pulls the full force of H.I.S. into action to protect her. Kate doesn’t believe Jesse, the only man to make her seethe one minute and lust after him the next, when he approaches her with a note from the Facilitator stating someone he loved would die shortly, and he knows in his gut it’s Kate. After a second attempt on her life, she can no longer fight his protection or her attraction to him. After making a mistake that cost his wife her life, Jesse vowed to never love again, but Kate stirs something in him that puts his protective instincts into overdrive. Keeping her alive and out of his heart is more difficult than he expected. Then he makes a decision that could cost Kate her life. Is history due to repeat itself?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:20 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,320,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible