Brilliant Disguise: A Charlie McClung…

Brilliant Disguise: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung…

by Mary Anne Edwards

521,436,638 (5)None

BOY OH BOY here is a Wake Up for you this Morning !! It is Entitled " BRILLIANT DISGUISE: A CHARLIE MCCLUNG MYSTERY" it is written by MARYANNE EDWARDS. This is the very first time that I have read anything from this author . I had rec'd this book as an ARC from Ms Edwards in exchange for an honest opinion. And here is Mouisey's honest opinion of her book.
When I started reading the book from the very first page the author had my attention . She went straight into a murder - you find a neighbour by the name of Marion getting ready to take a bath when all of a sudden hears a scream and a gin shot. She rushes out her front door and finds the police next door at her friends house stating that she had committed suicide. Now Marion - knew her friend better than anyone and she didnt believe this at all. She went over to the officer and even told him that. The officer stated that he would take her statement later - Marion gave him her number and and she told him to call no matter what time it was. The husband walked out all in shock and the poor little girl ( the daughter ) well she just wanted her mom. Now what I haven't told you - is that there was another woman there on the scene with the man. Yes- it seems that Dianne and Dan always were fighting over the fact that Maggie hung out at there place to much with her husband Dan. But then again they always fought over money , drinking - well just about anything. When the Officer gets to call Marion later that night she tells him to come over and . He agrees they have coffee while he takes her statement -during the chat she tells him that she will not stop as she know that her dear friend was murder and did not commit suicide. He says that the chief has already taken control of the investigation. Marion begs Charlie to look into for her . He agrees. Before heading home he goes to the morgue where he finds the assistant ME . He informs him that Dianne was from what he sees was murdered - he agrees to send him a copy of his report hush like along with the drug study and the pictures. The next morning the ME files show up on his desk closing Dianne's death as a suicide. Now this is where I am going to leave you folks.... Because it gets really good here.. Exactly who did kill Dianne"" The chief of police?? The daughter?? The husband?? Maggie?? What is everyone hiding??? There is a Rat in the mix ..
With all the excitement going on in this story the way the characters are developed and played out the scenes. Everything is totally written supperly. I recommend this book to all readers. As for the rating I give it a 20 out of a 5 star rating . I look forward to reading more books written by Ms Edwards in the near future, NOW WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO FIND OUT HOW THIS ENDED !!! GO GET IT AT AMAZON NOW!!! ( )
  m0usey | Nov 6, 2014 |
Tired of the stress in a big city police job, and having ended his latest attempt at romance, Detective Charlie McClung takes a position in a much smaller community. He is the "new guy" at the police station and the only one who is not from the area. This story takes place before digital cameras and cell phones.

Marian Selby is a young, retired widow who is satisfied with her life, even though she has few close friends.
She has suffered loss, including the deaths of her parents and her pilot husband, and is afraid to open her heart to any relationship that could possibly end in that much pain again. She does not even want a pet.

She is home, minding her own business, when she hears a loud noice, perhaps a gunshot, followed by screaming.
All the noise is coming from next door, the home of one of her dear friends. Before she can get outside, a crowd has formed and the police are on the scene. Being frantic, Marian pushes towards the police banner and ambulance.
She discovers it is indeed her dear friend Dianne who is being taken away.

A detective is canvassing the crowd, asking if anyone heard or saw anything that could be useful in the investigation. Marian speaks to him and invites him back to her house after he has spoken with the others.
Marian is an avid reader and amateur sleuth. She also wants to know if he learned anything after speaking to everyone else. This meeting is not for romance, but from the start we notice an energy that seems to be calling these two together. Sadly, when he does arrive and calls the hospital for an update, we learn Dianne has died.

A well written mystery with enough characters holding secrets that we are not sure until very near the end who the best suspects are. Along with the mystery and the budding romance between McClung and Marian, there is a foodie element to this book. Something for everyone. I also liked the secondary characters and hope we meet them again in future books in this series.

I was given an ecopy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
I look forward to reading more in this series. ( )
  LaurasReading | Nov 3, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,158,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible