The Changeling Troll by Leah R. Cutter

The Changeling Troll

by Leah R. Cutter

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this as an Early Reviewer and really wanted to like this book--it seemed great. An ugly duckling story about a woman who loves books and being cozy at home? I can relate! And magic? What could be better? All my favorite things.

Sadly, the character development falls short and the story feels derivative and a bit plodding. ( )
  smiturn | May 5, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A person who enjoys being underground and is in love with books? I was pretty excited initially but that dropped off very quickly. It was an extra bummer for me because I really enjoyed Leah Cutter's 'Poisoned Pearls.' I decided to wait awhile before reviewing to give it a chance to settle, sometimes books that I didn't enjoy much right away sneak up on me but not here. I hoped it would actually because I didn't want to leave a negative review but.. It fell flat, totally unmemorable. ( )
  sraedi | Jul 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book free through LibraryThing in exchange for my review. The story line interested me immediately and I could definitely identify with Christine! The plot was fun, and the fantastical world Cutter created was so intriguing I wanted to spend more time there. This book begs that it be turned into a series. I want to know more about the battle for supremacy, the court system, and Joe (hello!). Who is Christine, really? This book is a wonderful beginning, but dangles to the reader at the end. Give us more! ( )
  tzevaf | Apr 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A quick and fun read! There could have been more character development, but I enjoyed the novel and like the idea that there may be even more to Christine than meets the eye. I just might pick up the sequel! ( )
  madamediotte | Mar 27, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed the premise of a book loving hermit who slowly begins to embrace who she truly is (and loving herself even more as a result).
Upon learning she is a changeling – a troll – our Heroine is thrust head first into a whole new world. The Fantastical creatures interwoven into everyday (modern) life was entertaining and believable. I enjoyed the lack of a romance driven plot – always a refreshing change.
A solid, enjoyable read. ( )
  clear_tranquil | Feb 2, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Leah R. Cutter's book The Changeling Troll was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Leah R. Cutter is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible