Dead Gorgeous: A Mystery for D. I. Costello…

Dead Gorgeous: A Mystery for D. I. Costello

by Elizabeth Flynn

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
DI Costello investigates the death of Kirsty Manners, a young woman employed in the fashion industry. Kirsty's flatmate, Sandra is apparently dating Kirsty's boyfriend. Further investigation finds that she was having an affair with the top designer of the fashion house where she worked. Costello turns up many possible suspects as Kirsty didn't make many friends. She was ambitious, and self-promoting at anyone's expense.

This is a nice cozy and a perfect read on my recent trip. Not too many characters, but enough to keep the investigation interesting. ( )
  LeHack | Mar 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
To me this book was a slow starter, it took several chapters before I was interested in the story. I enjoyed it much more once the main character was introduced to the story. Overall, enjoyable book.
  rhollrah | Feb 16, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of the Early Reviewers. I found it to be a quick, easy read, and entertaining. Like other reviewers, it took a bit to get used to the "British-isms" but I did enjoy the characters. All in all, not a stop-everything-and-read-it book, but I thought it was well-written, and stands well among other female detective series. ( )
  kellyraesanders | Feb 15, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A pretty, quick easy read, once I got used to the British sayings. Seems to follow the writing formula of old school mystery writers (think Nancy Drew title). Plot was pretty good. Flynn is a good storyteller, but I think she could have written a little more on the secondary crime (thugs and prostitutes in the house).

This book was provided to me via Library Thing in exchange for an honest review. I'd probably look into her other books, especially since I enjoy police procedures with women sleuths. ( )
  nannersmom | Jan 27, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm afraid this book with all the things going on during the holidays the book got misplaced...I'm so glad that I did located book it.very good,,,highly recommend... maybe my first Cl Costello but will be my lastmaybe my first c_l costello but will be my last..... ( )
  JJKING | Jan 25, 2015 |

Kirsty Manners is young, beautiful, and ambitious. And dead. Kirsty was trying to make it in the fashion world. As the in-house model for Ivano King and having dated the great designer himself, she believed she was well on her way. But Kirsty is found dead in her flat one Sunday afternoon, and D.I. Angela Costello is called to the scene. Kirsty has left behind a lovesick ex-boyfriend and a jealous flatmate. And what about King's new girlfriend, who openly admits she has a reason to wish Kirsty dead? Behind the flawless make-up and gleaming catwalks, Angela's enquiries uncover theft, drug addiction, prostitution -- and suddenly her own life could be in danger.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Elizabeth Flynn's book Dead Gorgeous was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,394,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible