The Therions

The Therions

1914537,190 (2.93)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A YA fantasy based on Egyptian mythology has a lot of potential, but this fell flat in so may areas. There was head-hopping, plot holes, numerous inconsistencies, confusing characters, and plenty of things that just simply did not make sense. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Aug 3, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this one.

10 years ago, Alexa Feltz went missing. Just before that, Jared Feltz had died in a fire. Obviously, the Feltz family does not have very good luck. One would think that not much worse could happen to a family already so torn apart. And that's when things get weird.

The school physics teacher seemingly vanishes. Jake Feltz and his best friend Kyle Lee go searching for answers. The answers aren't very clear...

It seems as though an ancient Egyptian cult - the Therions- is preparing for a ritual - a blood ritual- and the Feltz family is all wrapped up I the middle of it.

Truly a page turner.

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Jul 18, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Therions are NOT your average paranormal book. Their existence is based in ancient Egyptian religion, and they are Bad and evil creatures. an evil and cunning cult of supernatural zealots Plotting to take over the world. There is some teenage romance, lots of violence, suspense, and a deep plot line. European spellings and euphemisms are used in this book, so do be aware of that.I did find this story really hard to follow, and often had to re read chapters or passages from earlier chapters to try and make sense of it. However, there are probably many people, most likely younger people, that would most likely enjoy this book. ( )
  Carolannhill | Apr 24, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book has a lot of twists and turns, but it is very entertaining. It reminds me of watching episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As the story progresses, Jake realizes that he is surrounded by therions and a lot of people that he thought that he knew he does not, and people that have disappeared are still alive and well. The story progresses into a final battle royale in the school gym that has good versus evil both fighting for control. I really liked this book, it was hard to put down. ( )
  jlynnp79 | Mar 20, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
THIS BOOK IS TOO BORING TO BOTHER WITH.

THE THERIONS, by Esme Autumns is a high school story that is so boring there is no point in going into details. Some typos. I suppose you should bear in mind that I am not a member of the demographic this book is aimed at.

I received a free copy of this ebook through the LibraryThings Early Reviewers program for the purpose of giving an unbiased review. ( )
  Wordwizardw | Feb 12, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

's book The Therions was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible