Permission to Doubt: One Woman's Journey…

Permission to Doubt: One Woman's Journey into a Thinking Faith

by Ann C. Sullivan

511,436,638 (4)None

We've been taught doubt is a sin but it's something every one of us experience. Sullivan gives an honest account of her struggles with doubt. Refreshing and insightful, very well written, with answers to some of the tough questions we have. Lots of scriptural references.

One thing the author tells us is that doubt is an opportunity for God to show Himself strong in our lives and increase our faith...yes! Again, it's a very insightful book that I do recommend to anyone struggling with doubt.

I received a copy of this book free from Kregel inexchange for an honest review. ( )
  JoyAnne | Jan 5, 2015 |

Ann C. Sullivan has challenged and encouraged thousands of women as an international speaker. In her new book, Ann offers a candid look at the moment her faith and reason collided. Blindsided by doubts, following a thirteen-year struggle with an undiagnosed panic disorder, Ann learned several valuable lessons. Never shy away from the big questions. Always follow the evidence to its logical conclusion. And genuine truth doesn't buckle under the bright lights of interrogation.
Permission to Doubt identifies three types of doubt -- spiritual, emotional, and intellectual -- and develops unique strategies to recognize and understand each. It also details practical step-by-step solutions in which faith can be reinforced in the midst of our struggle.
It's a candid look at what faith is--where it comes from, how it's threatened, and how it can be strengthened. Using personal examples and an intensely practical approach, Permission to Doubt informs, challenges and encourages those who'd like to take their faith a little deeper.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:14 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,863,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible