Dear Son by David Bruskas

Dear Son

by David Bruskas

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byJCMorrows, Steve_Hinkle

I mostly requested this book because I am a single mother and I need all the help I can get with my young son – who is 11 at the moment.

And my advice to you, is to
BUY THIS BOOK!

Whether you ARE a father, or you plan to become a father some day… Whether you are a single mother or a man who is new to Faith and in need of help along the way… If you are a man who has not been the father you need to be or the son who needs to heal the relationship with their own father.

This is the book for you!

This is the book for ALL fathers, sons, young men about to become fathers or single mothers who don’t know how to teach their sons what they’re missing from the father who should be there.

Dave Bruskas GETS IT. So many people today say that things have changed – and while that is certainly true – God has not changed and he never will. And, while our world is confusing and troubled – the relationship between father and son is just as vital as it always has been.

Now, I am not a man or a young boy but I had a distressing relationship with my father for years and when I finally began to realize that I needed to treat him the way the Bible told me to, we began to relate in a way that we never have. I can only imagine the drastic changes we would see in this country if all young men began to do this as well.

One thing Dave Bruskas seems to understand better than most pastors I know is that God truly is a Father to the Fatherless – even those who have a father who is physically there but doesn’t really know how to BE a father. Most of us don’t think about those children. We focus on the children who don’t have a father physically present in their lives. Those are the kids who miss out – right?

Not the ones who understand that God is their Father!

There are parts of this book that are a bit brutal and I applaud that. Too many people tiptoe around the truth because they’re concerned they might possibly offend someone. And, while I am not a fan of the harsh ways some people try to evangelize (bloody pictures of Christ on the side of a bus or truck or a depiction of what we think Hell might be like on a billboard), I do believe that people need to hear and see the truth. And sometimes that truth needs to be brutal.

The words may be harsh in places but the format of the book is not – quite the opposite actually. Dave writes a series of letters to the son he never got to see grow up. It’s heartbreaking but it gives a unique perspective that so many of us – with perfectly healthy young sons – take for granted.

I am truly blessed to have found this book and I am anxious to pass it on to my son. Most of the information in it is helpful to me right now but one day soon, he will need to read it too.

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
“I like to believe that you would have been a young man people paid attention to and that you would have brought some good to this world that is desperately in need of help. I am proud of you, who you are, and who I think you might have been. I love you!” (a letter to the author’s son, Chapter Four)

“Dear Son: A Father’s Advice on Being a Man” is a well-written and easy-to-read book. Each chapter begins with the letters that author Dave Bruskas wished he could have given to his son if he had not lost him in infancy. You can feel his heartfelt urgency in every letter and every word of guidance.

He encourages young men (although the current track record for young men may not be impressive) to take their life seriously because they live in a broken world needing hope of Godly men.

He asks several valuable questions including: “What if your freedom is blinding you to what actually may be enslaving you? What if, in the energy and idealism of young manhood, you are in the process of losing the only thing that matters while chasing everything else?”

CONTINUED HERE: http://istoriaville.com/2014/07/20/a-fathers-advice/ ( )
  Steve_Hinkle | Nov 4, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,010,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible