Off the Page by Jodi Picoult

Off the Page (2015)

by Jodi Picoult

Series: Between the Lines (2)

Off the Page is a sequel to Between the Lines. It's a cute, light read.

In order for Oliver to live in Delilah's world, he must switch places with a regular boy. Edgar is a loner. He agrees to go into the book because, as a gamer, it would be a dream come true for him. The book begins with Oliver starting high school and learning to adjust to the world he so desperately wanted to be a part of, with Delilah as his coach. But the book attempts to correct itself and the characters, both on and off the page, try to find ways to make everyone happy.

Often times confusing with Edgar and Oliver as Oliver has to go by "Edgar" in his new world.

I won a copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
This postmodern novel is told from three different points of view. Oliver is a princess in a fairy tale that Delilah loves. Through some magic told in the previous book (I haven’t read) Oliver manages to switch places with Edgar, pulling Edgar into the book and Oliver into the real world. Off the Page alternates between these three main characters as they learn to appreciate what they have or had, learn the difference between a fairy tale prince and a boy in the real world, and discover that the book wants Oliver back!

Preteens and early teens will appreciate Delilah’s desire for the fairy tale prince, and will empathize with the challenges all three teens are facing.

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors. The research she does for each book is amazing and her writing is captivating. She writes "ripped from the headlines" type novels with accuracy, kindness, and humor. Samantha van Leer is Picoult's daughter and the primary writer of this book. Her style is much different than Picoult's and less to my liking. ( )
  Tessa.Johnson | Apr 8, 2017 |
Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer return in the companion text to Between the Lines. Readers are quick to fall in love with the imaginative storyline told from within the romantic fairy tale, as well as from the real world outside of the book. The story progresses through strong narrative voices, several creative plot twists, and entertaining happenings. This story draws readers into the entanglement of both the fantastical and realistic as problems arise in the setting of the storybook and the outside world. The simplistic illustrations woven within the text support the reader’s imagination as they travel between the two realities to discover the true meaning of happily ever after. ( )
  cgieryic | Feb 27, 2017 |
I enjoyed this, however I liked the first one much better. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
I think I like this book a little better than the first one. It was a fun easy read but there was one part of the ending that I was a little upset/unsure about. I felt like Edgar's mom would be pretty upset with the fact that he was pretty much giving up his whole life to be with her. I thought for sure that she would fight some way to make it possible for him to go back to his real life but still have the book and somehow go to visit his mom. The only thing I can think of is that she never fully believed it was real and that maybe she thought that was her own version of heaven? Either way it kind of stinks that he will never grow up, get married and have kids. What mother wouldn't want that for their child?? I am actually hoping that maybe they will make another book. I think there is still so much that could be told. :) ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |

Jodi Picoultprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fischer, Scott M.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kyle and Jake:
Mom says I'm her favorite.  You're okay.
Love, Sammy

To Kyle and Jake:
Sammy's lying.  You're ALL my favorites.
Love, Mom
Prologue:  Just because you've picked up this book, you know, doesn't mean it belongs to you.
I've been waiting my whole life for Oliver, so you'd think another fifteen minutes wouldn't matter.

From #1 New York Times bestselling authors Jodi Picoult and her daughter and co-writer, Samantha van Leer, comes OFF THE PAGE, a tender and appealing romantic YA novel filled with humor, adventure, and magical relationships.

Sixteen-year-old Delilah is finally united with Oliver—a prince literally taken from the pages of a fairy tale. There are, however, complications now that Oliver has been able to enter the real world. To exist in Delilah’s world, Oliver must take the place of a regular boy. Enter Edgar, who agrees to take Oliver’s role in Delilah’s favorite book. In this multilayered universe, the line between what is on the page and what is possible is blurred, but all must be resolved for the characters to live happily ever after. Includes twelve full-color illustrations, and black-and-white decorations throughout.

Full of humor and witty commentary about life, OFF THE PAGE is a stand-alone novel as well as a companion to the authors’ bestseller Between the Lines, and is perfect for readers looking for a fairytale ending. Fans of Sarah Dessen and Meg Cabot are sure to appreciate this novel about love, romance, and relationships.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:26:19 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,140,669 books! | Top bar: Always visible