Once Upon a Time: A Story Collection by…

Once Upon a Time: A Story Collection (2014)

by Shannon Hale

I was curious about the Ever After High series, especially after my oldest daughter mentioned that her cousin, Franka liked it, and I watched countless commercials for the dolls on television over the course of the holidays, so I got this anthology to see what the fuss was about. I'm still not sure I understand it.

The book is an anthology of characters from Ever After High, and the children of famous fairy tale figures. Each child is destined to sign their name to a book and pledge to relive their parents' stories. But it seems that each character is a bit of their own person, and less excited to make that pledge than previous generations. The last mini-story, the story of Kitty Cheshire, the daughter of the infamous Cheshire Cat, combines each story, revisiting the tales.

I like that all of the characters are recognizable, but there seems to be hints of events that are never fully explained, like the poisoning of Wonderland. I'll have to read more into the series to find out more about this. I thought this would be a great way to learn about the series, but it failed in that respect. I'll have to get the first book to do that. But as an introduction to the various characters, it shone. I just wouldn't recommend starting here. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
I liked this book because it focuses on different fairy tale characters in separate chunks of the book. The book explains the fairy tale characters feelings as they prepare for the second year of school at Ever After High. The students are packing dresses, suits and gowns. They all are very excited to start their second year of high school. This book is inspirational for when you start the first day of school. ( )
  MadelineB3 | Oct 19, 2015 |
For MariBelle and Oliviana,
who are masters of their own stories
Introduction:  In a land beyond imagination, there is a boarding school for the sons and daughters of the most famous  fairytale characters who ever lived.

Read these exclusive introductions to all your favorite characters to find out what their lives are like at home! A new chapter is about to begin at Ever After High, and all the students are preparing to start their Legacy Year. In just a few weeks it will be Legacy Day when they will sign the Storybook of Legends and commit to live out their fairy-tale destiny, repeating the famous stories of their parents.

This volume collects together for the first time 12 short tales, including five BRAND-NEW stories. For the first time, find out what Dexter and Darling Charming, Cedar Wood, Lizzie Hearts and Kitty Cheshire were doing just before school started. This collection also includes the stories of Apple White, Raven Queen, Madeline Hatter, Briar Beauty, Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Huntsman, and the fairy tale The Tale of Two Sisters, which were previously only available online.

Don't miss this Once Upon a Time special edition of enchanting stories by bestselling and Newbery honor-winning author Shannon Hale.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:21 -0400)

"A new chapter is about to begin at Ever After High, and all students are preparing to return to school and start their Legacy Year, when they will commit to living out their fairytale destinies, repeating the famous stories of their parents"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,742,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible