Ouija by Katharine Turner

Ouija- Never Break the Rules...

This was quite the little page turner and definitely worth the bargain basement price of $1.97 that I paid for it at Books-A-Million. Don't go into it thinking you'll be scared out of your mind though because it is a teen/YA book and seems to be watered down accordingly. There is some creepiness to it though and it'll make you think twice about playing with a Ouija board.

The book was too short though. When I got to the end I was wanting more, more, more! An 'adult' version with a little more depth and horror would be perfect. I definitely could go for that! I'm dying to see the movies now- the original that is based on this book & the prequel that's in theaters. The original movie, I'm planning to watch tonight so I'm looking forward to that. I imagine it will be quite a bit scarier then the book. This is just one of those stories that needs some on screen theatrics.

If you like a little bit of paranormal horror but not too much then this is the perfect book! You can get your 'scare me' fix and still sleep at night! ( )
  EmpressReece | Mar 9, 2018 |
As children, Laine and Debbie fooled around with a Ouija board that Debbie had found stored in her attic. Later, Debbie was interested, and started playing around with it, again on her own. Shortly after, she started hearing strange noises in her home and feeling the presence of some unknown, unseen entity. Laine thinks her friend is silly, until Debbie dies a tragic and mysterious death. Then Laine and her friends try to figure out what truly happened to Debbie. They uncover an unspeakable story.

I didn’t expect to enjoy this book so much. It was a quick and easy read, but I liked the plot and the characters. It is action-packed. ( )
  Sandralovesbooks | Jun 2, 2017 |

It's not just a game.

Read this heart-stopping novel before seeing the major motion picture!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:00 -0400)

As far as Elaine Morris is concerned, the Ouija board is just a game she played at sleepovers as a kid. But her best friend, Debbie, has been messing around with one recently--and claims she's starting to hear strange noises around the house. 'Laine thinks Debbie is a total dork for getting spooked, until Debbie dies in a horrible and haunting way. Desperate to figure out what really happened to her friend, 'Laine starts using the Ouija board to uncover its mystery. She soon learns that something sinister has come through the board, and it's not ready to say GOOD-BYE.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,574,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible