Trespassers: a novel by Tim Wynn

Trespassers: a novel

by Tim Wynn, Todd Wynn

Hop aboard for an alien adventure in this scifi tale of mystery, intrigue, romance and intergalactic travel.

I love their description of us humans, but you will need to check out the book for yourself to learn it.

Denokin was an abductor of earthlings. It had become ho hum for him. Until…

Stewart and Mindy worked at the division that regulated alien traffic on earth and were responsible for their presence being kept a secret. For all we know, one could be sitting right beside us, right now. Look to your left, look to your right. Could they be an alien?

It was Bruner’s job to prove of the aliens existence. The poor guy is being duped and used by his own government.

When confiscating Denokin’s ship, Stewart failed to secure all the aliens on the ship, so Earth has some unexpected visitors…Trespassers.

The aliens lives mirror ours, in some ways. They have families, they go to school, they get married, they take vacations…

I couldn’t help but laugh when Mindy realized she was attracted to Stewart, as if seeing him for the very first time…and he’s HOT. I don’t feel this is a spoiler, because, come on, we all know its gonna happen.

There are many different types of aliens and Earth is considered a resort stop for them. Seeing Earth through their eyes makes me appreciate our world even more, reminding me of its beauty. I prefer to think of it as a resort destination, like them, and wonder at the marvels before me…water, nature, hills and valleys.

Trespassers by Tim & Todd Wynn is a science fiction fantasy unlike others I have read. The writing is serious, but not dark. The characters had me in their grasp, as I decided which I liked and which I didn’t like. Some were just doing their job, but I still didn’t like it. There were no villains, in my mind. Just human beings trying to do the right thing. We are primitive, they are so much more advanced than us.

All in all, a fun read with entertaining characters and, maybe, there is even a lesson to be learned through fiction. So, hop aboard and meet the Trespassers.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Trespasses by Todd Wynn.

To see more visit fundinmental ( )
  sherry69 | Nov 15, 2017 |
I found Trespassers a very enjoyable book. Easy read, likable characters and such a nice easy flow to the story that kept me engaged. I liked the idea of aliens that are human just not earthlings. Makes you wonder if there is another planet like ours out there or maybe some earthlings traveled a long way and colonized on another planet. I would like to think a little of both.

Trespassers is about four aliens landing in Juniper, IN to retrieve someone who has been down there for eight months. They can track her by heartbeats. Then there is The Limestone Deposit Survey Group who are trying to track down the aliens and capture them. Yet there is Agent Bruner who is trying to prove there are aliens and is more of a hindrance than a help. I liked the cubes that could force people to tell the truth, could knock people out and allow people to see through walls. I also liked the relationship between Jeremy and Sara.

According to this book, aliens take ‘vacations’ on different planets and Earth is a favorite. Helps with the theory that “aliens walk among us and we don’t even know it.” This is a great sci-fi book. It’s a unique story that would keep everyone entertained. I could read more about the different characters.

I received this book from author Tim Wynn for my honest review and I’m glad I did. Well done!
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
There's much to like about Trespassers. There's intrigue, mystery, interesting characters, growth, romance, and a little bit of sci-fi, of the "handwaivium" sort. Todd and Tim Wynn have a story with potential in Trespassers.

The plot of Trespassers revolves around three--or four?--groups: the secret government agency tasked with keeping humanity in the dark about the presence of aliens visiting Earth, as well as tracking and regulating those same aliens, led by the tall, confident Stewart; Sara Baker, a mysterious young woman who has lost her memory, and the young man who falls for her; the aliens. Also, the guy who thinks he's the government agency tasked with finding aliens...but spends most of the book one step behind everyone else.

If it sounds like it has echoes of Men in Black, then it's because it's an apt comparison. The difference is where Will Smith, fancy gadgets, and strange looking aliens makes Men in Black a visual smorgasbord, Trespassers' aliens are--like the inhabitants of Planet Earth--human. Parts of me easily accepted this conceit, especially since it allows the development of romance between Earthlings and aliens, but it takes out a lot of the color that an alien-themed adventure. Add to this ambiguity about who exactly the antagonists are, and I had a hard time feeling like there was really ever anything at stake.

Trespassers was a fun read, but I could have hoped for higher stakes and more other-worldy elements. It's a three-star book for me. ( )
  publiusdb | Dec 16, 2015 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I actually enjoyed the book even though it reminded me of a lower grade Men in Black (not nearly as cool) and Guardians of the Galaxy type combination. The story line was pretty good and the characters were well developed. I think this is more of a YA type book but enjoyable non-the-less. ( )
  thicks | Aug 20, 2015 |
I received this book from an author promotion, and I have to say, I'm so glad I did!

I have to admit, it was a struggle to get through the first chapter or so. But, I'm not one to give up on a book that easily, and I'm certainly glad I have this attribute (curse?). After giving it a fair chance and getting a few chapters in, I was hooked! This book is interesting, keeps me up reading at night (luckily my husband is a deep sleeper), and keeps me at the edge of my figurative seat. The characters and places are relate-able (it probably helps that I'm from Indiana...) and I'm interested in seeing what happens next to the characters. I genuinely enjoy this book, and I only wish that I were able to read it more quickly, as graduate school work should probably always be first priority.

Nevertheless, if you enjoy science fiction, I recommend this book. 5 stars! ( )
  adbohm | Jul 20, 2015 |

Tim Wynnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wynn, Toddmain authorall editionsconfirmed

When four alien visitors arrive on Earth and disappear into the cornfields of Indiana, it is Stewart Faulkner’s job to find them. Who they are, where they’re headed, and what’s important enough to make them jump from a moving spaceship are all questions that Stewart must uncover. And he will have to do it all while
1) training a new team member named Mindy—who is developing a crush on him;
2) flying under the radar of his boss to make sure he’s not removed from the case; and
3) staying one step ahead of a government agent named Karl Bruner, who is determined to expose the presence of aliens on Earth.

As Stewart unravels the layers of this mystery, he discovers that these aliens are connected to his own past in ways he never would have guessed.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Tim Wynn's book Trespassers was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Tim Wynn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,317,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible