A Second Bite at the Apple by Dana Bate

A Second Bite at the Apple

by Dana Bate

This is a funny, charming read. Sydney may not be the best but at least she tries. I mean when given the opportunity to advance your career, you may have done the same thing as Sydney. Yet, it was kind of fitting that Sydney would do what she did to James based on his past history. However, James turned out to be a sweetheart. A good looking man who cooks; what woman would not desire this from a man. Actually I got luckily that my husband does cook some times. He is good too. All of the characters in this book were engaging including Rick the Prick. By the end of the story Rick had grown on me. I would not call him a total prick but he does have his moments. Yet, after getting to know him better, I like Sydney learned to deal with him. I will be checking out more books by this author. ( )
  Cherylk | Oct 12, 2016 |
A Second Bite at the Apple by Dana Bate has so many elements that interest me - food, the local food movement, big business versus independents, and journalistic integrity. Sydney is a likable main character as are some of the strong characters who surround her. It's a quick, light, enjoyable read; I just did not fall in love with it. Given the subject matter, I expected to, but I did not.

Read my complete review at: http://www.memoriesfrombooks.com/2014/12/a-second-bite-at-apple.html

Reviewed for GoodReads First Reads program ( )
  njmom3 | Dec 5, 2014 |
For Roger, with love
Just when I think this morning can't get any weider, I spot Charles Griffin skiing down Seventeenth Street.

Sidney Strauss is writing for the local food market's weekly newsletter when she gets the opportunity at a story that could make her career as a food journalist or permanently end it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,397,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible