Millennium: A Memoir (Vince Osbourne Series…

Millennium: A Memoir (Vince Osbourne Series Book 2) Paperback

by Peri Hoskins

6None1,268,033NoneNone
Recently added byRinHanase, PeriHoskins, Imane.

No reviews

It’s December 1999, the cusp of a new millennium. The tiny Pacific Kingdom of Tonga will be first nation in the world to usher it in. Our narrator takes us there to see the sun set on the old and the dawn rise on the new. We discover much more.

In a time and place of old customs we see the gentle advance of the new. This Pacific paradise is home to a diverse group of human beings at this unique time. Our journey through many human exchanges – quirky, funny, and sad – accompanied by quotes from Hindu scripture echoes through the millennia and asks us what it is to be human in these dark times.

This book constantly entertains and delves beneath a fascinating surface to examine the quality of our age.

Millennium—A Memoir is a novella-sized slice of life travelogue that evokes the work of Ernest Hemingway.

It is Peri Hoskins’ debut literary work.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:15 -0400)

"A cross-genre slice of life travelogue memoir set in the Kingdom of Tonga between December 1999 and January 2000. New Zealand born Australian based narrator Vince Osbourne travels to Tonga to be in the first place in the world to usher in the new millennium. In this tiny Pacific island paradise Vince finds the gentle advance of the modern world and much more beneath the fascinating surface. Creative nonfiction" --Publisher information.… (more)

Peri Hoskins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,828,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible