The Delhi Deception by Elana Sabharwal

The Delhi Deception

by Elana Sabharwal

831,035,133 (3.83)None

A picked this novel because I needed to read a book that took placed in India. This met the challenged. I was a bit detoured when I saw the glossary in front (a glossary reference does not work well for me with a reader). Anyway, I needed to get though it. The Delhi Deception was a pleasant read full of suspense, mystery, and a bit of romance. Usually I like a bit more romance in my reads, but the mystery and suspense kept me engaged and on edge. Plus, I did not need to go to the glossary reference in the front of the book.

The booked tied all of the story neatly at the end. I learned a lot about the culture. ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |

Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
First, a confession ... I didn't finish the whole thing; only got about 1/3 of the way through. It's not a horrible book, but it's not what I expected. With phrases like "romantic betrayal", "modern sex trafficking", "geopolitical conspiracy" and "web of deceit & intrigue" - you kinda expect some sort of exciting intrigue to happen. No such luck. While I do think the author is a good writer, I couldn't get emotionally wrapped up in this. The author did an excellent of relaying the story to the reader & describing the environment. And I can honestly say that I never once got lost or confused, "Now, wait....who is that character again? Huh? What scene is this now?" It's especially easy for me to get lost or not quite remember this or that character early on in the story. And she even included a thorough glossary at the front of the book of several useful Indian words & phrases - a definitely plus for non-Indian readers! She just lacked relaying any real emotions to the reader. Now, the opening chapter did catch my attention & evoked the appropriate emotions but the book felt flat after that. Any drama that is going to happen in the overall story should come out long before 1/3 of the book has been read. The author is a good author & if she can work on creating a strong emotional environment for the reader to get caught up in, any next books she writes ought to quite compelling. I got this book free on Goodreads.com in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  DelennDax7 | Apr 6, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,085,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible