A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster…

A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)

by Amy Clipston

I have to admit that I fell madly in love with Emma in A Mother’s Secret and I was nearly heart-broken when things did not go the way she planned…

So of course, I was excited to see her return in A Dream of Home.

I have never been a combat nurse but there are a few things in my past that occasionally come back to haunt me so I feel a sort of kinship with Madeline Miller.

It also helps that Amy Clipston writes her nightmares so well that you truly fee like you’re right there, experiencing it with her.

I did not feel a kinship to Saul Beiler. Actually, when I was reading book 2: A Mother’s Secret, he nearly knocked Barbie off the pedestal of most disliked characters. He was just so rude and abrupt and… well, annoying.

I NEVER could have imagined that Saul would be remotely interested in a REAL relationship. I was sure he was just one of those controlling and angry men who hide behind their religious convictions.

BOY was I wrong!

I love that Amy Clipston occasionally throws you a crazy curve ball! It keeps her books interesting in a way that not many authors think of.

And I am NOT giving anything away about the story!

You’ll just have to read it for yourself! Trust me when I say that it is WORTH a read!

And keep watching! Amy has ANOTHER book coming in this series. It’s slotted to release next year.

And I’m sure A Simple Prayer will be just as fantastic as the first three in the series!

Happy Reading!

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
A Dream of Home by Amy Clipston is a lovely and heartwarming Amish romance. It is the third book in the Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel series. Madeleine Miller has gotten out of the Air Force where she was a flight nurse. She has also lost her fiancé and needs some peace (time to heal). She has moved to Paradise, Pennsylvania where she has inherited her grandparent’s home. Madeleine used to spend summers with her grandparents in Paradise when she was a child. Madeleine is working at the Lancaster Grand Hotel (she is not able to work as a nurse at this time) and makes friends with Carolyn, Ruth, and Linda. Madeleine gets to know the people in Paradise, enjoy their friendship and fellowship, and a more peaceful life style.

Saul Beiler lives behind Madeleine, is a widower, and has a daughter named Emma (very sweet girl). Saul’s wife left him and Emma for her first love and then she died in a boating accident. Saul is finally ready to move on and find a new wife as well as mother for his daughter. Saul is busy with farm work, his business (cabinetmaker) and taking care of his daughter.

Madeleine and Emma get to know each other and enjoy spending time together. Emma is such a sweet girl. Emma is friendly and outgoing as well as eager for female companionship (not having had a mother most of her life). Saul and Madeleine also get to know each other, but since Madeleine is not Amish their relationship can only be as neighbors. Saul is afraid of letting Madeleine get to close. He thinks that Madeleine will leave like his brother and wife.

Madeleine will have to decide what she wants to do with her life and Saul will have to overcome his fears. We also get to catch up with the other residents of Paradise. It is also time for Carolyn and Joshua’s wedding! Will we finally find out who is Ben’s biological father?

A Dream of Home is great addition to the Hearts of Lancaster series. It is well written and a delight to read. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I am looking forward to the next book in the series A Simple Prayer. Happy Reading!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Feb 15, 2015 |
As I was reading this book, I had the feeling that the series was ending with this book, but the ending told me that there is another, yes!
Needing to do a lot of healing after the death of her intended, Madeleine is living in her deceased Grandparents Amish home. Basically, she is living without electricity, but she does have her truck. Maddie is running from her daemons and is finding solace living in the home where she has a lot of happy memories.
Next door and on the land that was formerly her Grandparents lives Saul Beiler and his precocious daughter Emma, who also has had one of life hardest hurts, he life walked away from the both of them and left the Amish.
A budding attraction between these two hurt souls cannot be, no, Saul is Amish and loves his faith, and fears that Emma may be influenced and also leave. Madeleine finds a bit of joy in spending time with Emma, they cook, and enjoy one another, but Saul is so afraid of her influence on his daughter he forbids it.
Love how this story unfolds, and you want to hug each of these hurt individuals, but can anything ever happen here? We also are reunited with dear friends from the other books in this series, and loved getting the updates.
Above all we see how everyone lives their faith and put their trust in God.

I received this book through BookLook Bloggers, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Nov 18, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031033585X, Paperback)

When she moves to Amish country to find peace and healing, Madeleine finds a special community—and a special man—who pull her out of her solitude into a new life.

Moving to Pennsylvania wasn’t in Madeleine’s original plans. She should still be in California and should have married her pilot fiancé a year ago—but death has a way of changing everything. Now the former Air Force flight nurse is living alone in Paradise, Pennsylvania, and working as a maid at the Lancaster Grand Hotel. She isn’t exactly a widow . . . but she sure feels like one.

Saul Beiler isn’t exactly a widower . . . but his wife is long gone. His eleven-year-old daughter, Emma, doesn’t know that her mother fled the Amish community—and married another man—but she does know that her dat is lonely, and that a pretty young maedel just moved in next door. Madeline’s numb heart begins to thaw as she spends more time with the innocent and ever optimistic Emma. The stronger her friendship grows with the young girl, the more intrigued Madeline grows about the humble, strong, man raising her on his own.

But even as a strange attraction pulls Saul and Madeleine across a stark cultural divide, they—and everybody else—have to wonder: What could they possibly have in common besides heartache? Will love allow Madeleine to finally find the home she’s been dreaming of all along?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:38 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,917,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible